• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident evil code veronica remake rumor

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Money XD a remake of re 4 will sell asf capcom did care only about money in the end, that the reason of this all remaking things to begin whit... Re 4 remake is probably the most unnecessary game ever , yet Capcom is developing it because they know it would sell very well
What a shame that they’d rather focus on the cash grab rather than doing the series some justice in making it more cohesive.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
When I say that CVX is underrated, I mean because it is relatively overshadowed by RE3 and RE4 in the main stream due to its weird naming conventions and initial release on the Dreamcast. I feel that a lot of people who have played the game have really enjoyed it. But a lot of non-mainstream players have missed this installment thinking it was a spin off. Also, the difficulty and length have locked out a lot of casual players.

But it is a beloved entry in the series and a great game. So, I SINCERELY hope we get a REmake of this!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Both Nemesis and CVX are originally spin-offs though, but Nemesis was granted main installment status as Capcom wanted to keep the numbered series on the PlayStation.

D

Deleted member 21244

Both Nemesis and CVX are originally spin-offs though, but Nemesis was granted main installment status as Capcom wanted to keep the numbered series on the PlayStation.
Code veronica wasn't a spin off, it was originally called resident evil 3

Then capcom changed it to code veronica and called nemesis resident evil 3 because of that playstation contract

Code veronica was made whit all the resource they give to main game since it was a main game while re 3 was made in less than a year whit few resources because it was a spin off

Jonipoon

Code veronica wasn't a spin off, it was originally called resident evil 3

Then capcom changed it to code veronica and called nemesis resident evil 3 because of that playstation contract

Code veronica was made whit all the resource they give to main game since it was a main game while re 3 was made in less than a year whit few resources because it was a spin off
Nope, wrong. That's a common misconception about CVX though. The original concept of Resident Evil 3, according to scenario writer Yasuhisa Kawamura, was "loosely set on a luxury cruise liner and had a general plot where HUNK was attempting to bring back a sample of the G-Virus". That game was initially supposed to be the third installment, but was cancelled. You can read it here.

CVX is referred to as the "official sequel to RE2" by its creators, which is why many fans have wrongly assumed it to be the "true RE3" when it fact it was never supposed to be RE3 in the first place. It was always supposed to be a spin-off exclusive for the Dreamcast. The problem is that Capcom was developing a s**t load of multiple RE games at the same time in the late 90s which is why there is so much confusion among the fanbase regarding these games.

Remember, just because something is referred to as a "direct sequel" to something doesn't mean anything. For example, Silent Hill 3 is technically the "direct sequel" to SH1, but you don't call it "the true SH2" just because of that. When it comes to CVX, the debate is made-up by disgruntled fans whom are just salty at RE3: Nemesis being upgraded to main series while CVX got sidelined.

D

Deleted member 21244

Nope, wrong. That's a common misconception about CVX though. The original concept of Resident Evil 3, according to scenario writer Yasuhisa Kawamura, was "loosely set on a luxury cruise liner and had a general plot where HUNK was attempting to bring back a sample of the G-Virus". That game was initially supposed to be the third installment, but was cancelled. You can read it here.

CVX is referred to as the "official sequel to RE2" by its creators, which is why many fans have wrongly assumed it to be the "true RE3" when it fact it was never supposed to be RE3 in the first place. It was always supposed to be a spin-off exclusive for the Dreamcast. The problem is that Capcom was developing a s**t load of multiple RE games at the same time in the late 90s which is why there is so much confusion among the fanbase regarding these games.

Remember, just because something is referred to as a "direct sequel" to something doesn't mean anything. For example, Silent Hill 3 is technically the "direct sequel" to SH1, but you don't call it "the true SH2" just because of that. When it comes to CVX, the debate is made-up by disgruntled fans whom are just salty at RE3: Nemesis being upgraded to main series while CVX got sidelined.
I don't know but ign say that code veronica was called re 3 and re 3 was just a spin off whit no number on it, than they swap the title and give the 3 to nemesis and code veronica to re 3.

Also kawamura say that he was working on a core re game not re 3

Jonipoon

I don't know but ign say that code veronica was called re 3 and re 3 was just a spin off whit no number on it, than they swap the title and give the 3 to nemesis and code veronica to re 3.

Also kawamura say that he was working on a core re game not re 3
I have no intention on getting into an endless debate with you about this, but CVX was never intended to given the title "Resident Evil 3". If you read into the history you'll find that the early development of CVX was an unsuccessful attempt to port RE2 to the Sega Saturn.

I know about that IGN link, but its written by a gaming journalist and contains no quotes from any developer. The writer is probably a fan as well, and like I said above, Capcom had so many different projects in the pipeline at the same time in the late 90s which is why there is so much confusion surrounding this. I'll say it again; the debate is made-up by disgruntled fans whom are just salty that RE3: Nemesis got upgraded to main series while CVX got sidelined.

The original Resident Evil 3 was a game about HUNK on a cruise ship, period.

D

Deleted member 21244

I have no intention on getting into an endless debate with you about this, but CVX was never intended to given the title "Resident Evil 3". If you read into the history you'll find that the early development of CVX was an unsuccessful attempt to port RE2 to the Sega Saturn.

I know about that IGN link, but its written by a gaming journalist and contains no quotes from any developer. The writer is probably a fan as well, and like I said above, Capcom had so many different projects in the pipeline at the same time in the late 90s which is why there is so much confusion surrounding this. I'll say it again; the debate is made-up by disgruntled fans whom are just salty that RE3: Nemesis got upgraded to main series while CVX got sidelined.

The original Resident Evil 3 was a game about HUNK on a cruise ship, period.
Yeahhh but it's not written nowhere that that hunk game was re 3

That's all

Jonipoon

Yeahhh but it's not written nowhere that that hunk game was re 3

That's all
The interview refers to it as "the next core game" which is as close to main installment as it can get. "Core game" is not used for spin-offs. What else would you call the HUNK game? Another spin-off? Then we've reached the point where discussing what constitutes as the "original RE3" is just plain ridiculous.

There is another article from IGN dating back to 2000 before CVX was even released, found here, which further proves that the notion that CVX is the "original RE3" stems from nothing but wishful thinking from fans and journalists. In fact, all interviews and quotes from the actual developers state otherwise and contradicts the thinking of fans and journalists. Shinji Mikami and Yoshiko Okamoto both told journalists they wanted to keep the numbered chronology on the PlayStation, and give subtitles to other games on all other systems. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter which game was originally supposed to be the real Resident Evil since all of Capcom's projects back in 90s was a big mess. What matters is that they decided to make Nemesis the main third game although it also started as a spin-off, and that will never change.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I heard there was actually a build of the Hunk/Ship game but it was bad and scrapped which gave way to the RE3 we know. Don't know a lot about the history of it all.

But I do KNOW that Capcom did themselves a disservice by not titling CVX as RE4 instead. They would end up making RE4 for a Nintendo console ANYWAY and now casual people view CVX differently. And let's face it - if you miss CVX, most later titles don't make as much sense.

Jonipoon

I heard there was actually a build of the Hunk/Ship game but it was bad and scrapped which gave way to the RE3 we know. Don't know a lot about the history of it all.

But I do KNOW that Capcom did themselves a disservice by not titling CVX as RE4 instead. They would end up making RE4 for a Nintendo console ANYWAY and now casual people view CVX differently. And let's face it - if you miss CVX, most later titles don't make as much sense.
I so wish they had done that - it would’ve saved many people a lot of time arguing on the internet lol.

There are still a lot of things we don’t know about what was going on at Capcom in the late 90s and early 00s, and we’ll probably never know.

Top Bottom