• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica resident evil: code veronica HD, anybody getting it?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I sure am, to add to my collection.

I hope it looks noticibly different, and if they have DC Douglas replace Richard Waugh's lines, somebody is not going to be a very happy camper.

I wonder if they are going to add anything to the game, extra wise.

I was expecting, and hoping for that with the Wii Archives games. You know the Wii ports of the GC REmake & RE0, but we didn't get anything new.

sliced-bread-no2

I'll definitely be getting this again. I really hope it has trophy support as well. Playing through CVX right now on PS2, definitely my second favourite RE game after number 3.

iCanHazT-Virus?

I'll definitely be getting this again. I really hope it has trophy support as well. Playing through CVX right now on PS2, definitely my second favourite RE game after number 3.

well it has achievements on xbox so im sure there will be trophies for playstation. lets just hope PSN is up before it comes out ;)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
well it has achievements on xbox so im sure there will be trophies for playstation. lets just hope PSN is up before it comes out ;)

Acheivments huh? That's cool. I never really pay any attention to those, except with RE5, I got them all, except the Versus mode ones.

I hope they aren't too outrageous or difficult though, the ahcievments.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Wow...am i the only one who likes Wesker's new voice better? Like the one from Umbrella Chronicles and RE5...idk, but to me its more sinister..

Possibly. It was sinister, and could be cool at times, but it hardly sounded like Wesker.

It sounded so different in fact, that when I was playing UC(In which Wesker narrates the game) I didn't even realize it was him narrating until he made a comment in the first person on the Mansion Incident chapter.

Richard Waugh really made the character(Fact). He has a cooler voice(that is my opinion), and there's just a quality to his voice, that DC Douglas cannot match.

Really, Douglas' voice acting for Wesker just sounds fake. In UC it was horrible, and although improved in RE5, certain lines just sounded horrible and fake and took me out of the scene.

"A new genesis is at hand and I will be the CreaTor"
"Over, I'm just getting starTEd".

And many other lines. You should really go back and watch those scenes, or just all scenes with Wesker from RE5, and even UC(though you can't watch those without playing the game).

iCanHazT-Virus?

If you think about it, they are probably going to re do all the voices (including steves) because the original voices weren't recorded in HD. I do hope they get the original Alfred back, i didn't like the voice they gave him in DC

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Possibly. It was sinister, and could be cool at times, but it hardly sounded like Wesker.

It sounded so different in fact, that when I was playing UC(In which Wesker narrates the game) I didn't even realize it was him narrating until he made a comment in the first person on the Mansion Incident chapter.

Richard Waugh really made the character(Fact). He has a cooler voice(that is my opinion), and there's just a quality to his voice, that DC Douglas cannot match.

Really, Douglas' voice acting for Wesker just sounds fake. In UC it was horrible, and although improved in RE5, certain lines just sounded horrible and fake and took me out of the scene.

"A new genesis is at hand and I will be the CreaTor"
"Over, I'm just getting starTEd".

And many other lines. You should really go back and watch those scenes, or just all scenes with Wesker from RE5, and even UC(though you can't watch those without playing the game).

See when playing REmake or CVX i just think he sounds like a cocky dude who may do a few bad things...the only reason i see him as a full on bad guy in those games is because i'm a veteran of the series and KNOW what hes done...youre right, Richard's lines to get sorta cheesey, but that happens with all characters if you ask me...don't even get me started on the original Wesker lol...but i think over all Richard did better because i also think his accent made Wesker sound calm/cooler in the face of danger...like it really didnt phase him...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
See when playing REmake or CVX i just think he sounds like a cocky dude who may do a few bad things...the only reason i see him as a full on bad guy in those games is because i'm a veteran of the series and KNOW what hes done...youre right, Richard's lines to get sorta cheesey, but that happens with all characters if you ask me...don't even get me started on the original Wesker lol...but i think over all Richard did better because i also think his accent made Wesker sound calm/cooler in the face of danger...like it really didnt phase him...

Richard did do better, I agree.

Richard Waugh of course voiced Wesker in RE0, RE4, CVX & narrated the Wesker's Report.

DC Douglas has UC & RE5 to his name, along with DSC.

Waugh's lines are cheesy too, but they all just fit his character. DC Douglas just sounds like a really bad, fake, angry, british guy...

Like, I just can't understand if no one else is hearing all of that. Waugh just sounded so much better. Also, if you have seen either of these guys, Waugh has a little more weight on him, I wouldn't go as far as to call him fat, but the weight definately affects ones vocals.

Anyway, it's very noticable, and it just adds a certain, coolness, power to his voice, that DC Douglas cannot match. DC Douglas makes Wesker sound, kind of puny, in comparision.

Actually, I've got Buffy The Vampire Slayer on xbox, and DC Douglas plays a character called The Master. Guess who he sounds like, he sounds just like his Wesker.....this game came out in like 02 I think. UC, Douglas' first Wesker role came out in 06....the fact that he really didn't try to sound like the character, is unsulting.

Richard Waugh was up there with the best in the series. It's like if Alyson Court(Claire in every game so far) was replaced, or Sally Cahill(Ada in RE2 & RE4, and DSC), or the more recents like Paul Mercier for Leon or Roger Craig Smith for Chris...it's just uncalled for to replace somebody who is really good. Especially if it's a downgrade.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Richard did do better, I agree.

Richard Waugh of course voiced Wesker in RE0, RE4, CVX & narrated the Wesker's Report.

DC Douglas has UC & RE5 to his name, along with DSC.

Waugh's lines are cheesy too, but they all just fit his character. DC Douglas just sounds like a really bad, fake, angry, british guy...

Like, I just can't understand if no one else is hearing all of that. Waugh just sounded so much better. Also, if you have seen either of these guys, Waugh has a little more weight on him, I wouldn't go as far as to call him fat, but the weight definately affects ones vocals.

Anyway, it's very noticable, and it just adds a certain, coolness, power to his voice, that DC Douglas cannot match. DC Douglas makes Wesker sound, kind of puny, in comparision.

Actually, I've got Buffy The Vampire Slayer on xbox, and DC Douglas plays a character called The Master. Guess who he sounds like, he sounds just like his Wesker.....this game came out in like 02 I think. UC, Douglas' first Wesker role came out in 06....the fact that he really didn't try to sound like the character, is unsulting.

Richard Waugh was up there with the best in the series. It's like if Alyson Court(Claire in every game so far) was replaced, or Sally Cahill(Ada in RE2 & RE4, and DSC), or the more recents like Paul Mercier for Leon or Roger Craig Smith for Chris...it's just uncalled for to replace somebody who is really good. Especially if it's a downgrade.

The funny thing about Leon's voice is both guys voiceing him were named Paul...however, i believe that Paul Mercier is better...now i'm saying this assuming he's the one from RE4/Degeneration...but if i got them mixed up then my appologies...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
You are right, Mercier is the one from RE4, DSC & Degeneration. He was better I think. Haddad sounded a bit goofy, but was fine considering the newbie character. Mercier does sound like a more experienced Leon.

In certain characters, voice changes are okay. I think somebody like Chris was good, as he never had a consistent voice, like Wesker, Ada, Claire, etc.

And Roger Craig Smith really did a great job combing Chris from CVX & the REmake. I thought the guy from the REmake, Joe Whyte if I remember, was doing Chris in RE5, from the early trailers.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You are right, Mercier is the one from RE4, DSC & Degeneration. He was better I think. Haddad sounded a bit goofy, but was fine considering the newbie character. Mercier does sound like a more experienced Leon.

In certain characters, voice changes are okay. I think somebody like Chris was good, as he never had a consistent voice, like Wesker, Ada, Claire, etc.

And Roger Craig Smith really did a great job combing Chris from CVX & the REmake. I thought the guy from the REmake, Joe Whyte if I remember, was doing Chris in RE5, from the early trailers.
Not to mention all Chirs' voices were good(Minus the original in wich NO acting was good lol)

Top Bottom