• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Resident Evil Code: Veronica - FAQ

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I hear that there's meant to be 'Easy' and 'Normal' difficulty modes, where the heck are they?
Apparently, the ability to change the game's difficulty setting is exclusive to the Japanese version of the game. Everywhere else has to be content with being served with only a 'Normal' difficulty setting.

Who is D.I.J.?
D.I.J. is the mouse that you encounter half a dozen times throughout times throughout the game. I kid you not. The mouse. You'll likely remember D.I.J. as being the very same rodent which was causing all that noise in the locker above Nosferatu's chamber.

This adorable little specimen makes brief, but memorable appearances during the following events:

1. In the Military Camp, just before Claire's first encounter with a Bandersnatch, D.I.J. can be seen scurrying underneath a shutter door before it is sealed shut by Alfred Ashford.
  2. During the... exchange between Claire and Wesker at the entrance to Alfred's island mansion, D.I.J. can be spotted hiding behind a large vase.
  3. This one's easy to miss, given the fact that it takes part during the Tyrant boss battle in the cargo hold of the plane towards the end of the Rockfort Island scenario D.I.J. can be seen perched atop a shelf, visible when the camera angle is focused on the cockpit door.
  4. Unmissable. D.I.J. breaks out of the aforementioned locker situated inside the an office of the Antarctic facility.
  5. Code: Veronica X only: When Claire is captured by Wesker, D.I.J. can be found peering on from behind the cell bars.
  6. During the final confrontation between the Redfields and Wesker at the end of the game, D.I.J.'s final appearance occurs during Wesker's lengthy monologue concerning the fate of Steve. When the camera shifts position to capture all three characters, D.I.J. can be seen fleeing across the bridge.

What is the purpose of the gold Luger replace that Chris finds?
None per se, but collecting it and storing it in your item chest will mean that you're able to unlock Steve for use in Battle Game mode. If you're attempting to speed-run the game, then you're free to ignore the Luger altogether.

Is it worth keeping the Empty Fire Extinguisher?
Yes, a million times yes! Sure, it'll occupy a slot in your item chest for ages, but it'll be required to put out the flames in the Antarctic facility warehouse towards the end of the game and acquire the Magnum — contender for best weapon in the entire game. You'll be given the opportunity to refill the extinguisher, too, so don't fret. Make absolutely certain that you do not leave the Empty Fire Extinguisher in the safety deposit box in the early portion of the game, tempting as it may be.

I have no health items and the mutated Steve boss keeps killing me. What can I do?
Okay, so while the most common 'solution' to 'defeating' Tyrant Steve is to run away and let him get a few whacks in with his axe as you're fleeing, it doesn't do any good to those of us in critical condition whom are attempting to limp away without any First Aid Sprays handy. In this instance, your only option is to arm yourself with the Grenade Launcher before triggering the Tyrant Steve fight, and using Flame Rounds or Acid rounds, ideally, to preemptively stagger Tyrant Steve before he's able to land an attack with his giant axe. It's pretty much your only remaining option.

Top Bottom