• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
I picked this up yesterday, I only played it for a few minutes to check out the controls etc, and you can't use the Wii remote to aim freely like in RE4, which i'm quite disappointed about.

But you can change the controller settings to give you the option to point the Wii remote at the screen, but doing that will only make the character take on an aiming stance, nothing more. I don't see what the point was in adding that.

You can also use the Wii remote on it's own and even the Classic controller.

Those are the only differences, everything is the exact same as on the Gamecube.

I honestly don't understand why they ported it over to Wii, they didn't need to.
I know a lot of fans wanted it to be, but i don't see what the point was. I know RE0 is the same.

Anyway, did anyone else pick this up?

wpstudart

I'm going to get today, but I knew that it would be like that, did you expected that they would change all the scenary, the whole to looks like Resident Evil 4? The game would suck, wouldn't be the scary atmosphere, it would be an action game like Resident Evil 4 and 5. I already got the Remake in Gamecube, but I'm getting the remake of the remake for the wii. I'm a collector and I heard that it would have some extras and bonuses. I can't wait to check it out. That's what I call My Arrogant Opinion. :lol:

CowboyFunk

I happen to like it very much. the reason why it was ported was because of the success the wii has had this year, so they want to carry over games that weren't such a success on the gamecube that were good games.

Hoady

Wiimote without the re4 aim is just ridiculous, when none of the camera angles in this game are even straight how do they expect it to work?i haven't played it yet though lol.

Albert wesker

people people if you want to aim with the wii mote go into options and change controls till it has a wiimote goin up or down that is to aim with wiimote duhh this was mainly for captin couragous ok

wpstudart

Albert wesker;51513 said:
people people if you want to aim with the wii mote go into options and change controls till it has a wiimote goin up or down that is to aim with wiimote duhh this was mainly for captin couragous ok

But, it changes the camera to you can shoot? Or it's just the same as pressing 'B'?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I guess the only thing this game is useful for is getting the REmake if you haven't got a GameCube.

Top Bottom