• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 4: Greatest Games of All Time

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
G4, the worlds leading television channel for gaming, has developed a list of 100 greatest video game of all time...Not one, but TWO RE titles made the list...The original RE made number 80, and RE4 made number 21...Do you guys agree with these spots, as well as them even being on the list...I most definitely do..

sbr999

I'm probably alone in this one, but I haven't seen anything special in RE4.
Since the topic is not about rant on RE4, my opinion is in white text below.
RE4:
-Lack of atmosphere, not a single scary moment.
-repetitive gameplay
-too predictable: Pick up the key-> swarm of enemies
-ridiculous voice packs for villagers/soldiers/cult members -some of them even laughable/funny, instead of being scary
The only redeeming quality of the game, is that its' graphics were the best around that time.

RE1, on the other hand, defined the survival horror genre, and become a trendsetter for its' and the following generations (eg: Silent Hill).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I do but I think RE2 should of made the list somewhere
I know I sound like a broken record, but I agree with this too. Resident Evil 2, in my honest opinion; was more engaging than Resident Evil 1.
While I agree, RE2 was BETTER, I believe RE1 should take the spot over RE2 because RE1 started all...The series, that NAME of the genre survival horror, an in depth story...While RE2 is the better game, it needs RE1 to back it up...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Re4 was much better than i expected
Same with Re1 but it quickly got stale (Blame my bro)
They were both great what really made me like Re1 was REmake it probably really made me enjoy RE alot more

Top Bottom