• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Alternate Story

HopeWithin

So this is my new fan-fiction idea. Basically it's like...I suppose a lot of Western comic books' 'alternate' storylines. For example, the Ultimate Spider-Man series, where the story was redone. That is essentially what this is.

I will cover RE 1, 2, 3 and Veronica before lifting off into my own story. So, without further ado, let's begin!

RESIDENT EVIL: ALTERNATE STORY
Chapter I: The Day Everything Changed​

My name is Chris Redfield, I am...or was...a member of Raccoon City's Police Special Forces Team S.T.A.R.S (Special Tactics and Rescue Squad). I was a member of S.T.A.R.S' Alpha Team branch. However, one day...everything changed...

"Today a man named George Becker was found dead on his apartment floor. He had been eating by, judging to autopsy reports, another human. This is the first sign of any major assaults in Raccoon City."

I couldn't believe it when I heard about what had happened to this man. What Chief Irons had to say shocked me more.

"Police Chief Brian Irons had this to say..." "We are currently investigating around the apartment. However, I wouldn't get too worked up about this."

'Wouldn't get too worked up'?! A man was eaten alive! When I got to work that morning I wanted to beat him senseless...but I valued my job a bit too much...

-----------------------------------------
A large man with brown hair and a thick, full beard walked into the small, white room that was used as the S.T.A.R.S Alpha Team briefing room.

Another man, this one with brown hair that was gelled upwards into spikes like a hedgehog, looked up at the large man with a smile.

"You're late again, Barry..." The spiky-haired man said, his humoured smile accompanying his smart ass tone perfectly.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't you lecture me, Chris Redfield. I could've let you become homeless after you got kicked out of the Air Force." Barry shot back, although his voice made it obvious that this back and forth of words was merely part of some bizarre joke.

"If you two are done..." A man with slick, blond hair started from the Captain's desk, getting everyone's attention. "...we can get ready for mission briefing."

Barry sat down. "Yes, Captain Wesker." he said as he did so.

The others in the room as part of the Alpha Team were; a woman with brown hair that reached just above her shoulders and a fringe over her left eye, Jill Valentine, a man wearing a red bandanna over his head, Joseph Frost, a nervous looking woman with short, brown hair, Rebecca Chambers and a man with short, brown hair, Brad Vickers.

Wesker got up from his chair and cleared his throat. "As you know, at 22:00 hours yesterday, Enrico Marini and his group went into the Arklay Mountains, the place we assume that the cannibal murderers' hideout is located. However, as of 02:00 hours today, we have lost contact with Bravo Team." Wesker crouched under his desk and got back up, a tape recorder in his hands. He placed it on the desk. "This is their last message."

"This is Enrico, we have found this mansion out in the forest. It's a strange place to live in I can tell you that. It seems abandoned, though." There was a crunching sound from the audio of the tape. "What the f--?! Oh my God! Dewey! DEW--!" The tape cut off.

"As we can tell..." Wesker put the recorder back where it was. "...Enrico and his team have probably been attacked. Judging from Enrico's reaction, I can only assume that Edward Dewey is...no more."

The group looked down at their own desks, agreeing with this statement no matter how much they didn't want to.

"Regardless..." The group looked up at Wesker as he began talking again. "...we must go to the Arklay Mountains and find Bravo Team at all costs. We will search the area where the helicopter landed and search from their. If we can find it, we will also check out this mansion Enrico mentioned. We leave in two hours."

The rest of the team nodded and stood up, heading out of the office. After they left, Wesker chuckled.

"Fools...they really don't realize what is going on." Wesker pushed his sunglasses back as they began to slide from his face. "I must go to the lab before we leave to see how Birkin's research is progressing..." Wesker noted before leaving the room himself.

[END CHAPTER]

Top Bottom