• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Actor

RyanValentine

I am an actor (to be) and I would love to play a character in a Resident Evil movie (short film, tv show, fan movie) anything. I just feel like that I don't look like anyone enough to play anyone. Any ideas on who I could play?

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
lol brutal first post, but for now the actors have finished filming RE final chapter and the movie will come out on 27 Jan 2017.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
First of all, you couldn't play any characters as you look like none of them - you don't look that old so probably could play like a side characters kids or something??

Secondly if you are an aspiring actor you really won't get a chance to pick your films for years lol. You'll have to take what you're given.

Bran

Independent Film Director
I think he was saying that he aspires to be a professional actor, but in the mean time wishes to act in fan projects, like many of the fan films on Youtube.

My advice? If you don't look like a specific character, then you can always play one of the Umbrella Special Forces members, like Hunk. It is a great exercise in acting, because of wearing a mask, you have to bring emotions out through body movements and general tone. It is one of the hardest forms of acting, and is a reason why Hollywood tends to show actor's faces normally hidden by masks, or at least partially showing the face. Many film makers want at least the eyes shown because all expressions can be shown through the eyes.

For reference, check out Return of the Jedi with Darth Vader... the final fight scene they get some applied emotion even though it's just a mask.

Good luck on your career.

RyanValentine

Well thank you Bran. I appreciate your advice. I'm actually 19 and I know I don't look old enough to really play any of them. I know I won't get to pick the things I wanna be in, I know I'll take what I get. This post was mostly hypothetical, nothing too serious. Bran is correct, I do wanna act in fan projects for Resident Evil, (voice work or live action, I'll take anything.) I just wanted to know if I resembled any character.

Top Bottom