• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RESIDENT EVIL 8 !

TJay

Premium
Im hoping after the good response to 7 that there will be a slightly quicker turn around, with less focus on spin off titles.

There is far too much we dont know in regards to 7s story and characters to leave a big gap I feel.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Well I think their main focus should be Resident Evil 2 remake next, not really concerned about RE8 at the moment, the only thing I wanted followed up on was RE7's ending and that will apparently be explained with the Not a Hero DLC so I'm just fine with waiting for RE8 so long as they get right to work on RE2 remake.

Mr.Tony

RE7 wasn't that scary...beside the beginning and the ship near the end.
and few jump scares...the game was too short i platinumed RE7, yesterday.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I think resident evil 7 definitely took the game in a good direction, re5&6 just bored me to tears really.

On the flip side I hope they don't rush 8

Ethan Winters

Ito Junji Addict, Lupin Enthusiast
Yeah, I don't want them to rush it, really. But to be honest, i'm not that excited for another main game yet. The RE2 remake is what I am really hyped for, and the fan-made RE: Code Madman.

Im hoping after the good response to 7 that there will be a slightly quicker turn around, with less focus on spin off titles.

There is far too much we dont know in regards to 7s story and characters to leave a big gap I feel.
I love the spin-off's! Rather have many of those so the number of the mainline won't be too high too quick.

Mr.Tony

Games that are released or will be in:
2017:
₩ RESIDENT EVIL 7 : BIOHAZARD
₩ RESIDENT EVIL : FINAL CHAPTER
¥ RESIDENT EVIL : VANDETTA
????:
RE REV3 / REV0
RE8

-----------------
Guys honestly after RE7 I wished i could play RE Umbrella Corps...(Especialy now after knowing it plays a huge role in game canonicaly )
And i should definitly replay RE OUTBREAK because in RE7 there is a file where Alyssa is still alive.
And right, now i'm reading RE HEAVENLY ISLAND...RE Is a life for me...my favourite character is Chris and Femal one is Jill...and i love the serie!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Considering how long re7 took since Re6 I wouldn't expect another until 2020

If they make one that is.

If they do make a sequel I hope it's nothing like Re7.
Revelations 2 is the best resident evil game to come out for a while. That felt more like a main series game than this one did, the ending gave closure and also setup for more. Re7 had an Incredibly weak ending imo

Mr.Tony

Spikeyroxas, yeah. Revelations 2 was my favourite game since 4. 7 was still amazing but the ending was weak.
The ending i had was awesome and the chronology of the scenario was crazy awesome...I did rocket up Alex..
Natalia did survive with the Burtons...
I love Claire too..
I played with her in all these games:
RE2
GTA SA ( Claire Redfield Mod looking for Chris...) i did try to dig in some information in my canon story about her...
RE CVX - I played it till she escaped Rock Ford Island with Steve..and when she slept in the Plane after Tyrant fight...I switched to the RE GUN SURVIVOR 2and played it all...although things doesn't make any sense...
Then i turned my room into a coldish room using a machine and i played it that way...during night...
It was too too cool...
later on..
Years later...
RE REV2 - WOOW ONLY AIRAKU SUPPORTED ME DURING THE GAMEPLAY!
It was 1 Episode per week... Part 1 ( Claire ) Friday || Part 2 ( Barry ) Saturday...I will never ever forget that feeling...It was crazy wish i did the same with RE REV1 :(...

TJay

Premium
Considering how long re7 took since Re6 I wouldn't expect another until 2020

If they make one that is.

If they do make a sequel I hope it's nothing like Re7.
Revelations 2 is the best resident evil game to come out for a while. That felt more like a main series game than this one did, the ending gave closure and also setup for more. Re7 had an Incredibly weak ending imo[/QUOTE]
Revelations 2, is a fantastic all round game. They seemed to have the balance of everything just right with that and I thoroughly enjoyed it being released in episodes. It seemed to be well received, which makes me wonder why they went in the direction they did for RE7.

I have to agree, I thought the ending for RE7 was incredibly weak. A few days on from finishing the game, I'm left a little cold by it. It's the weak ending that's making me think RE8 won't be that far off because it just feels so unfinished. I know there is still DLC to come but story-wise it just feel like half a game to me, I've never felt so unsatisfied by a RE ending.

Mr.Tony

Yup...and that's the new Resident Evil type from now on...
I wonder if Alex Wesker will ever appear ?! Or Natalia...
Did you know that 90 percent of RE Fans, thought that little girl on the coverof RE7 was Natalia / Alex ?

There a few questions im still asking on RE REV2...
why Alex Wesker did scream and was afread when she met Natalia with Barry...
What happened to her during the 6 Months ?! She did suicide, how come she came back although she was dead ?! I'll be greatful if anyone shine some lights on this.

aintnoscrub

Premium
"Did you know that 90 percent of RE Fans, thought that little girl on the cover of RE7 was Natalia / Alex ?"

where did you pull that fact from lol. guess i'm part of the 10%

on a separate note, i think people need to move on from the old cast and except it's a new generation now. reoccurring cast members will eventually get boring

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The only reason why RE7 took as long as it did was because of the poor reception of RE6. RE7 would be totally different from what it is today had RE6 been more successful. With the positive reviews that RE7 is receiving, it's likely that the 8th title won't take as long.

I enjoy playing RE7 despite its new characters and first person perspective- I think the new characters is the only reason why I don't mind the first person POV so much. But I agree with a few of you here- Revelations 2 is the best RE game to release in a long time as it balanced everything out so well. I hope they stay closer to that game's mechanics and story for the next major title.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
on a separate note, i think people need to move on from the old cast and except it's a new generation now. reoccurring cast members will eventually get boring

I get what people are saying when this comment comes up. And it does make sense, however when they keep making links that involve the currently existing cast it's hard to move away from not wanting them.

Such as:
Barrys old now but the Rev2 ending is kinda outright saying the burtons story isn't over.

The email Jill sent to say she will be returning to the work soon or whatever

Umbrella returning (again...)

The open ends left by other characters such as Adas true organisation, the Jake muller secret ending in Re6, Natalia/Alex and the burtons.

The "family" Simmons mentions

Ill include this Aswell even though I don't personally think anything by it.
Weskers comment regarding Steve in CV to Claire

Edit:
Just to add, re7 hasn't exactly expanded the cast with interesting characters that will surely impact the future games.

Last edited:

aintnoscrub

Premium
I get what people are saying when this comment comes up. And it does make sense, however when they keep making links that involve the currently existing cast it's hard to move away from not wanting them.

Such as:
Barrys old now but the Rev2 ending is kinda outright saying the burtons story isn't over.

The email Jill sent to say she will be returning to the work soon or whatever

Umbrella returning (again...)

The open ends left by other characters such as Adas true organisation, the Jake muller secret ending in Re6, Natalia/Alex and the burtons.

The "family" Simmons mentions

Ill include this Aswell even though I don't personally think anything by it.
Weskers comment regarding Steve in CV to Claire

Edit:
Just to add, re7 hasn't exactly expanded the cast with interesting characters that will surely impact the future games.

i totally get that, i was more referring to people wanting and saying that old characters should take the lead again :)
i'm all for cameo's and links, but the past is the past for me.

Top Bottom