• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 Free Demo & My Thoughts.

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
YEEEAH, I didn't paid 60 dollars for Dragon's Dogma and still played the Demo today free!
and you also can, some of you may know, some of you maybe not but, there is a way!:

You'll need:
-USB Flash Drive (1GB at least)
-Computer
-XBOX 360 (I don't even have one, I used my brother's 360)

Softwares you'll need:
-Torrent software (I use Utorrent)
-Horizon (HERE)
-The Resident Evil 6 Demo torrent (HERE)

Follow the steps in the video. and TA DAH! You'll be playing the demo!!

My Thoughts:
-My loading screen time was like 10 seconds or less NOT ONE MINUTE!
-I didn't experience screen tearing.(Great!)
-The camera felt awkward when aiming, but I found out you can change this in the main screen settings.
-The controls felt WEIRD... probably the transition from RE5 to RE6. Hope we'll get used to it.
-In RE5 you could shoot the legs and then do a melee. In RE6 there's too much hand-to-hand combat :/

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Yeah, I don't know why people had load times that long. If so get your system's specs checked. The longest I've seen was seven seconds. You can change the hand that the character aims with. That will also change the view of the camera. For example in RE5 Chris is right handed so his view was slightly to the right while Sheva's left handed and vice versa. I think I'll enjoy the ability to straight up melee. It saves time because if you're surrounded you won't have to deal with capping knees.

Eddges

Yeah, I don't know why people had load times that long. If so get your system's specs checked. The longest I've seen was seven seconds. You can change the hand that the character aims with. That will also change the view of the camera. For example in RE5 Chris is right handed so his view was slightly to the right while Sheva's left handed and vice versa. I think I'll enjoy the ability to straight up melee. It saves time because if you're surrounded you won't have to deal with capping knees.

Yeah but it's way too overpowered. It feels like if your gun were not very important, more like a backup (you get me?)

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Yeah but it's way too overpowered. It feels like if your gun were not very important, more like a backup (you get me?)
I'm not 100 percent sure, but don't they have to be in a stumbled state at least first? Or can you just run up and melee at the touch of a button? I didn't watch too much gameplay so I'm not exactly positive how it works. Though I can imagine on harder difficulties you won't want to melee as much.

Eddges

I'm not 100 percent sure, but don't they have to be in a stumbled state at least first? Or can you just run up and melee at the touch of a button? I didn't watch too much gameplay so I'm not exactly positive how it works. Though I can imagine on harder difficulties you won't want to melee as much.

I hope so because yeah, you just run to them and hit them to the ground.. and BOOM javo.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I hope so because yeah, you just run to them and hit them to the ground.. and BOOM javo.
If it kills them in one hit which I don't think it will then it'll be overpowered. We'll see how it turns out.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I've just downloaded the demo and saved myself from wasting $100 on a game I wont like :) Thanks for posting this here :)

I'll give my thoughts once I've play through all 3 campaigns :)

Oh yeah and F**K YOU CAPCOM

Top Bottom