• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6: Anthology and Archives

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
They seem to be making alot of money re-selling the same thing but do you think it's unfair that Xbox (archives) gets a different set and number of games PLUS the degeneration movie? They only get 4 (plus RE6) games whereas the PS3 (Anthology) has 6 and doesn't come with a copy of Degeneration.

Nonetheless since I don't have a credit card to buy stuff on PSN. I'm willing to buy Anthology xD

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil...5396&sr=8-2&keywords=Resident+Evil+6+archives

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
They had to add the movie because the xbox marketplace doesnt have the classic RE games on it which would lead to the PS3 version having more games while the X360 version wouldnt have anything to compensate the difference. So the best they could do add stuff that would make both sets somewhat equally valuable.

I find these sets nice especially if you havent played any of the previous ones which might be the case with many people who are going to pick up RE6 or if you simply want the previous titles in digital form.

rondachewarrior

They had to add the movie because the xbox marketplace doesnt have the classic RE games on it which would lead to the PS3 version having more games while the X360 version wouldnt have anything to compensate the difference. So the best they could do add stuff that would make both sets somewhat equally valuable.

I find these sets nice especially if you havent played any of the previous ones which might be the case with many people who are going to pick up RE6 or if you simply want the previous titles in digital form.

But if people actually pre-ordered the standard edition...wouldn't it be a kick in the balls months later to find out that they released this? Or what if people already have the gold edition (which would be no surprise since it was released 2 years ago). They did exactly the same thing with RE5...The released the collectors edition but months after released RE5: Gold Edition...

*shrugs* but I guess that's life... no use crying over spilled milk.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
But if people actually pre-ordered the standard edition...wouldn't it be a kick in the balls months later to find out that they released this? Or what if people already have the gold edition (which would be no surprise since it was released 2 years ago). They did exactly the same thing with RE5...The released the collectors edition but months after released RE5: Gold Edition...

*shrugs* but I guess that's life... no use crying over spilled milk.
Most likely the ones that pre-ordered the standard edition would be those that werent really interested in anything else. People that are interested in getting something more than just the game always know its better to wait a while before ordering cuz there surely will be at least one special edition.
Point is if unsure its always better to wait till the last moment before pre-ordering.
If they already have a game from the list then thats another thing. You have to look if it would be cheaper getting them seperately or if maybe its still cheaper buying them all together even if you have 1 from the list.
Speaking of the Gold Edition it was nothing special as you could simply order all the DLCs it included digitally without buying the game once more. But thats how companies work now - after all DLCs are out they tend to make an edition with all the DLCs just to sell some more copies.

rondachewarrior

Most likely the ones that pre-ordered the standard edition would be those that werent really interested in anything else. People that are interested in getting something more than just the game always know its better to wait a while before ordering cuz there surely will be at least one special edition.
Point is if unsure its always better to wait till the last moment before pre-ordering.
If they already have a game from the list then thats another thing. You have to look if it would be cheaper getting them seperately or if maybe its still cheaper buying them all together even if you have 1 from the list.
Speaking of the Gold Edition it was nothing special as you could simply order all the DLCs it included digitally without buying the game once more. But thats how companies work now - after all DLCs are out they tend to make an edition with all the DLCs just to sell some more copies.

True, but either way you still get screwed over. I got the Collector's edition of RE5 on the day it was released only to find out that there was a gold edition months after and it sucked that I couldn't get the DLCs off PSN because I don't have a credit card (same goes for most kids that have parents that don't let them buy things online). My friend also had the same problems with the Uncharted games. DVDs do the same thing as well...You hear of 3 and 1s all the time months after.. Except they don't say "Oh well the DVD gets/doesn't get this or the blu-ray gets this/ doesn't get this".

Top Bottom