• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4 coming to PS4 and Xbox One December 31st, 2016. Any of you getting it?

WeskerLives2015

I will definitely be getting it. It looks like it will be released on a physical disc rather than a digital download. 5 and 6 are also being released.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
5 and 6 have already been released. 6 released physical and digital simultaneously a few months back, while 5 is only out digitally for now, but will have a physical release next week.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah, and I don't think that date for Resident Evil 4 is accurate either. It's just a placeholder date until an actual release date is given.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Wait a game that has been released on PC and every console is being re-released on PC and every console again?

Turo602

The King of Kings
Wait a game that has been released on PC and every console is being re-released on PC and every console again?

Which is why I'd prefer a real remaster for Resident Evil 4 already. If I'm going to buy it again (which I will anyway), can the game at least have updated textures and lighting? Shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

IntoxNitram

Think it hasn't being officially dated yet. With 6 & 5 they were dated for release like 3 weeks before release, so I would imagine that is likely to happen here as well. I expect a September release though for this game - they won't want it too close to RE7 in January 2017, whilst they also have another RE title to announce (possible remaster?) which could come out later in the year. I kind of expect Capcom to release a port/remaster of Revelations in the winter months (fingers crossed)

As for this, I think it is most likely to be based on the PC's Ultimate HD edition. So it will just be a port of that most likely, so will benefit from a graphical and performance upgrade in comparison to the old console versions - nothing too exciting, but then from the cost of the rest - likely won't be a full price entry either (around $19)

Still hoping they release a physical bundle of 4, 5 & 6 here in the UK, since we didn't get the separate physical releases.

Edit - Confirmed for August 30th - I was nearly right :D Good timing though. Details: http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi/blog/2016/07/07/resident-evil-4-arrives-on-ps4xbox-one-august-30

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Yes, in fact I'll probably be livestreaming it with my brother on PS4 since it's both one of our favourites.

Top Bottom