• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Resident Evil 2 Speedrunning - Chase for the World Record...

KingYoshi

Yeah, its that time of the year again, when I replay this game over and over again until my eyes bleed :p. I don't know how long I've been playing, but I managed to get pretty close last night.

Claire A, Normal, PS1 Version

This run is only 25 seconds slower than the current PS1 Version (NTSC-U) World Record. Its the best run I've ever had and shaving even 25 seconds will be ridiculously hard to do. I also had runs of 1:21:17, 1:19:44, and 1:19:19....
IMG_0449_zpsb9cc96dc.jpg

Claire A, Normal, Gamecube Version

Next, I switched it up to the gamecube version. This is actually the first night I've ever attempted to speedrun this version. It didn't take me long to get used to the controls and get a good feel for RE2 on GC. On this version, you can skip every single cut-scene. In the PS1 version you can only skip the FMVs. So, naturally, the gamecube world record time is faster than the ps1 time. I managed to come up 1 minute and 58 seconds short of the GC version world record. I've ran the PS1 version over 100 times, so I was pretty happy with this run due to my lack of experience on the GC version.
IMG_0452_zps6a6191c3.jpg

If you have never heard of speedrunning I suppose you could care less, but I was excited and figured I'd share anyway :p. I plan on going at these for at least a few more night before taking a break, so hopefully I'll be able to break one of them (even though it won't be official since I don't have anyway to record my runs, I'll still be extremely happy with it).

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
That's really cool! It would be really great if you could get faster than the world record :)
I still need to get an A rank haha!

Top Bottom