• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Resident Evil 2 Remake True Survival Horror?

weskerondope

it shouldnt even have the option to be played over the shoulder, if people cant handle the fixed cameras then they shouldnt play these games

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
^I agree with the last bit, but hey, at least this way, they made it to where RE fans from ALL eras can enjoy it: the classic fans, the RE4 fandom and the new wave of FPS RE fans.

In that sense, I think it's great fanservice if true. They can play it however they want to and we can play it with the classic cam.

weskerondope

yeah its certanly better than to make it third person only

what i fear is that if they make it playable both ways it might turn out like resident evil 5 lost in nightmares, where you could play with fixed cameras, but it didnt work very well and it didnt look nice like those wonderfull pre rendered backgrounds of the remake did, then again that was just an easter egg

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Another benefit to having the choice of all 3 cams is it offers replayability. I might try out the other modes after beating it with the classic cam, especially if the first person cam will be compatible with VR.

Imagine this part in VR:

Or this (@ 2:54 mark):

Or this if there's first person cutscenes (this part @ 2:53 scared the **** out of me when I first played RE2):

Top Bottom