• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Resident Evil 2 Remake is a huge success!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Resident Evil for the last 10 years:
"We need to move towards more action because Survival Horror is not profitable"
Also Resident Evil:
hr66h5_by_wesker500_dcybn2o-fullview.png

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-2-remake-ships-3-million-copies-in-a/1100-6464645/

Survival Horror is back!

Bring on the Dino Crisis and Resident Evil 3 Remakes Capcom!

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
That's pretty impressive, 3 million copies means they made back their budget and are turning a profit this quickly.
I'm glad REmake 2 is doing so well, now I don't feel so bad waiting for a price drop when it's more affordable.

black 93

In it's first week?! Damn. If it carries on like that for a couple more weeks it could become the best seller in the franchise.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
This is EXCELLENT news! :D :D :D
I already read about it a couple of days ago but felt the need to scream out in joy here. As people have mentioned above, this bodes well for the RE3 remake which was the first RE game I played!

Jonipoon

I seriously hope that Capcom take note of this popularity and carry what they did with RE2 into future main instalments.
For starters, perhaps they will reconsider making RE8 in third-person and not continue down the REVII first-person route. In my opinion I wouldn't mind an even mix of third and first-person though.

For a R3make, many basic elements from RE2make can be carried over. The police station and many streets are already coded and rendered. Of course it would have to be changed slightly to fit in the Nemesis storyline, but at least they won't need to make everything from scratch. They have all the necessities they need, so in theory a R3make could be with us by the end of 2020.

D

Deleted member 21244

It s a big success yes but it s not a great game in many ways, the original was much better... The gameplay is very good but The plot here it s bad written and you never understand what's happening... This remake it s a waste it could have been better, they should have taken inspiration from the re 1 remake to do this... As much as I would enjoy a re 3 remake and especially a re code veronica remake I'm worried that they will ruin it like this one

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
It s a big success yes but it s not a great game in many ways, the original was much better... The gameplay is very good but The plot here it s bad written and you never understand what's happening... This remake it s a waste it could have been better, they should have taken inspiration from the re 1 remake to do this... As much as I would enjoy a re 3 remake and especially a re code veronica remake I'm worried that they will ruin it like this one
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not a great game. It is, it's just not as great of a story as it was originally. They should've done more to distinguish the A and B scenarios.
I was literally replaying Claire B yesterday and, after a certain point in the game, FORGOT which run I was on and had to save to check.
I'll grant you that the events in the two runs are too similar and they should've had different tasks for Leon and Claire to perform to give us a more cohesive story and a better idea of what's actually canon but I won't go so far as to say it's a bad game because they didn't do that.

D

Deleted member 21244

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not a great game. It is, it's just not as great of a story as it was originally. They should've done more to distinguish the A and B scenarios.
I was literally replaying Claire B yesterday and, after a certain point in the game, FORGOT which run I was on and had to save to check.
I'll grant you that the events in the two runs are too similar and they should've had different tasks for Leon and Claire to perform to give us a more cohesive story and a better idea of what's actually canon but I won't go so far as to say it's a bad game because they didn't do that.
I don't think it s bad game, but it s not a great Game, the story doesn't make any sense even if they adjusted the b scenario, they didn't explain anything, who Is Mr x? Who is ada? (they omitted all her back story and the fact that she is working for the agency and wesker) what are birkin motivation? What is the g virus? Where is Chris? What are irons motivation? what is umbrella and his relation to racon city? how did the virus spread? They ommited many file that were in the original and many detail that helped understand what's happening... But like this the story doesn't make any sense, and the true ending its orribile compered to the original or darkside chronicles version, leon claire and sherry walking into the sunset by saying stupid things... It s not a bad game but it s neither a good game either, it s a decent game, the review said it s a master piece but it's far from that... And the b scenario is a joke it s Leon a scenario but they let us think it s the b scenario, it s actually a half remake they didn't remake the b scenario only the A one

Last edited by a moderator:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't think it s bad game, but it s not a great Game, the story doesn't make any sense even if they adjusted the b scenario, they didn't explain anything, who Is Mr x? Who is ada? (they omitted all her back story and the fact that she is working for the agency and wesker) what are birkin motivation? What is the g virus? Where is Chris? What are irons motivation? what is umbrella and his relation to racon city? how did the virus spread? They ommited many file that were in the original and many detail that helped understand what's happening... But like this the story doesn't make any sense, and the true ending its orribile compered to the original or darkside chronicles version, leon claire and sherry walking into the sunset by saying stupid things... It s not a bad game but it s neither a good game either, it s a decent game, the review said it s a master piece but it's far from that... And the b scenario is a joke it s Leon a scenario but they let us think it s the b scenario, it s actually a half remake they didn't remake the b scenario only the A one
But the original didn't mention Ada working for the organization or Wesker either...

We also know why Birkin injected himself, we see it in the tapes and Annette explains the rest about their research.

You find out where Chris is in both scenarios! The letter is in the armory in the STARS office from Chris and Marvin physically tells Claire in her playthrough that he's on vacation. (And in the B scenario, Leon leaves a note in the armory telling Claire that her brother isn't there.)

Ada and Claire both mention that Umbrella is a big pharmaceutical company and Ada mentions that they've owned Raccoon City for years.

Claire finds correspondences between Birkin and Irons detailing that Irons was working for Birkin, and/or, Umbrella on the side. Birkin kidnaps Sherry for the G virus sample, indicating that he is more than likely working for Umbrella as opposed to just being security for Birkin's lab.

Ben tells Leon that the "he" that is coming is more than likely there to get rid of survivors. And his tape details more about what's going on with Annette and William.

The true ending is basically the same, they're walking off into the sunset and, instead of dwelling on what just happened, they say that if it's not just the town, they'll handle it together and then let Sherry decompress. She's a kid, let her dream; especially since we know what happens to her afterwards.

I could see it if you were pointing out legit stuff, that the A and B scenarios don't make sense and we can't get a definitive timeline of events, but everything you just mentioned was explained in game whether in cutscenes or documents and to the exact same extent that it was in the original. I don't know why you would expect for things that weren't explained in the original but came up in the chronicles, which aren't canon to continuity, or later games to show up in a remake of the original....

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I was going to answer all these questions one by one myself, but my boss kept coming in, expecting me to work, and... uuuurgh! Thank you, Magnolia, you just said everything I was going to say, and I didn't have to think twice about any of these answers or where to find them in the game, so sorry, Albertwesker, but it seems to me like you just weren't paying attention.

D

Deleted member 21244

I paid to much attention Hel... In the original they explained that ada is working for the organization, Annette sayd so, and where is her back story whit his boyfriend Jhon? ... I read all the file but they explained everything so cheapy That the story it s a mess compared to the original, are you going to compare the original birkin flashback whit Annette that explain everything whit that cheapy file and videocassette? Also Annette explain who is ada working for in the original, and the letter that Chris leaved it s just stupid compared to the diary you find in the original that explain what he did after the mansion incident and that is now going to umbrella hq, is investigation it s much more detailed in the original... Also irons past I better detailed in the original, in the remake you just find one file with two page that tell you is working for birkin, but didn't explain anything about him and his perversion, and they totally forgot about the mayor doughter, they put her there but never explain who she is... They never explained the g virus in detail like they did in the original... For me the ending it s orribile while in the original Leon said that he want to take down umbrella while claire said that he want to find Chris at all cost, in the remake they say stupid things like a everything they have done so far Is a joke.... The story here its simply cheaper and stupid and bad written compared to the orginal... You should probably play thr orginal again so you can see what I m talking about...
https://www.evilresource.com/resident-evil-2/files
Here read the original file to see how many detail they ommited in the remake

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
To be fair Albertwesker959, you are right about them omitting a lot of details in the story. Even with all the supplemental notes and cassettes, you get a more complete story in the original.

However, there will definitely be more to learn the upcoming Ghost Survivors storylines. We know that the Mayor's daughter is going to be a playable character, so we can expect more information on Chief Irons and his dealings with Umbrella. We know that Robert Kendo is a playable character, and this may or may not shed more light on the STARS team and his connection. We know he is a personal friend of Barry. So, there is hope we will learn more information.

D

Deleted member 21244

To be fair Albertwesker959, you are right about them omitting a lot of details in the story. Even with all the supplemental notes and cassettes, you get a more complete story in the original.

However, there will definitely be more to learn the upcoming Ghost Survivors storylines. We know that the Mayor's daughter is going to be a playable character, so we can expect more information on Chief Irons and his dealings with Umbrella. We know that Robert Kendo is a playable character, and this may or may not shed more light on the STARS team and his connection. We know he is a personal friend of Barry. So, there is hope we will learn more information.
I hope so but from what they said the ghost survivor is more of what if scenario and put you in random place a la battle game mode from code veronica... I hope this is not true

Jonipoon

Not done with the B scenarios yet, but from what I've learned the only thing that ****s up the timeline is

...the fight with Birkin's third form in NEST? That is, Claire and Leon both fight him at the same place, which doesn't make sense....

D

Deleted member 21244

Not done with the B scenarios yet, but from what I've learned the only thing that ****s up the timeline is

...the fight with Birkin's third form in NEST? That is, Claire and Leon both fight him at the same place, which doesn't make sense....

Annette death are different in the two scenario, the tyrant death is different, they u fight the same boss in the same area, and you make the same enigma even if claire already did that... There are many inconsistency

Top Bottom