• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 is still the creepiest game i've played to date.

T.A.L.O.S

Gym, Resident Evil, Sleep & Repeat
I still cannot play it through alone in the house without it giving me a feel of dread and doom. It's got some of the creepiest soundtracks around! The first floor soundtrack in the RPD station is eerie as hell, the bus in raccoon city has a dark eerie soundtrack, the RPD main hall has an unwelcoming soundtrack and heck even the laboratory has a disturbing kind of audio to it. Not only that, the game its self relies on you and you alone to venture through with no aid, it almost gives a claustrophobic, no hope feeling. And who could forget the infamous zombie breaking through would scare. Always gets me even though i know its going to happen. The zombies for me were the most sinister in the series, zombie cops with huge bites out of them, raccoon city civilians slothing around hearing their flesh slop with every step, and just generally a gory mess! Its also tad more realistic which makes it that more creepy for me. Zombie apocalypse in a city, main scenes: police station, raccoon city, Lab, why couldn't that happen? Comparing to lets say a mansion or a secret military base... It just makes it that more realistic for us casual people.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I wouldn't say it's the creepiest game I've ever played, I think the Remake is pretty darned creepy so far. But of course I've never been on board with all the Resident Evil 2: "it's the best game of the whole series! best PlayStation one game ever!"-hype. *shrugs* I wouldn't say it's any better than any other classic RE title.

T.A.L.O.S

Gym, Resident Evil, Sleep & Repeat
Totally forgot about resident evil 1 Remake! Damn, the memories. Crimson heads lurking round the corners, defense weapons and lisa Trevor. Still though. Its gonna come second for me. I may be biased about this game when i say its my favourite because it scared the living crap out of me...

weskerondope

you got a good point, re2 scared the crap out of me and the enviroments feel realistic (untill you overanalyze them and notice that nobody in their right mind would build such a place, but if we shut down our common senses for a few moments we can believe and be scared) i didnt fance the places in modern re games cause i just couldnt relate to them, and the older games had such cool enviroments, it was as if every pree rendered background had its own story to tell

Masterteo89_

On a side note, almost all the RE games have a great problem : we see small or big buildings but... where are the bathrooms? No toilets around! RE2, police station had no toilets, laboratory had no toilets, etc etc... poor workers!

I don't know how is it in other countryes, but here in italy if you use the toilet in a bar you have to buy something. So, considering that in the Police Station there are no toilets, i guess that the nearest bar owner was rich. With all the police officers coming in his bar when nature calls...

Capcom, Capcom...

weskerondope

haha i noticed that too, thank god claire and leon dont have to go to the bathroom in the games
its exactly the type of thing i meant earlier about how nobody in their right mind would build such a place in real life

i guess the people of racoon city have enormous bladders

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
creepiest game!!!!!! realy?! its creepy enough but not the creepiest RE game or another,i agree with you about the soundtrack realy realy hit your nerv as wel the zombie that jump on you behind your back ^_^

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
There's a simple solution: The loading screens! My theory is that Leon and Claire take a dump in-between rooms every once in a while, when all we see is the door opening, and hide it in the doorframe, hoping that no one will notice because the stench of the decomposing zombies covers everything else. Now that makes the game a whole lot scarier, doesn't it?

weskerondope

haha, good one, either that or leon/claire just took a crap in the sewers while we played as ada/sherry since they had nothing more important to do

Top Bottom