• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 1.5 Update Thread

Mr Sunshine

I've been monitoring the progress team I.G.A.S has made over the past few months over their restoration project of RE 1.5 and since there isn't any thread here regarding the discussion of that game I thought I could create one.

For those who don't know, RE 1.5 is an early version of RE 2 that was nearly completed but was cancelled for various reasons. The team has managed to get a copy of that build and they're ever since trying to fix it and make it playable. Basically it's going to be a new old-school RE game for the fans to play.

Here's the latest video. You can also check previous updates on that channel

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
This is so awesome, I'm really looking forward to when they have it all finished up. I gotta figure out how to use emulators first >.<

weskerondope

you dont need emulator if you have a real console, as long as it has some kind of cool modchip

as for emulators what you wanna do is get epsxe ( i recomend that one) and find the ps1 bios
and then i believe you need some video config file or some stuff like that

oh yeah, and you can also use dual shock 3 for pc if you find the drivers for it,

weskerondope

i have a chip in my ps2, so whenever i boot up the console there is a text that says modbo (name of the chip),
my ps1 is chipped aswell, but for some reason the 1.5 build runs better on ps2 for me than on my ps1,
when i run it on ps1 there are a lot of slowdowns in some of the rooms, like the room next to the lobby with zombie on the floors, i dont know why these slowdowns occour on ps1 but not ps2, maybe something is wrong with my ps1,
or its just glitchy build, if its just the build thats glithcy that would mean the final version would be bug fixed so that problem would be solved, hope its not my ps1 thats breaking, love my console collection

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
My PS1 was chipped too but it's ancient now and the last time I tried it, it wasn't running too well. Not even sure if I still have it but I think it's still around here somewhere lol. I would definitely like to try this game out. There's nothing like the classic Resi games. And RE 3.5 looked interesting too, even though they had added ghosts and stuff instead of zombies.

weskerondope

yeah i thought the ghost thing was a bit wierd for resident evil game, but on the other hand i heard that they was just gonna be leons hallicunations cause he is infected in that game or something, i miss the good old days

Top Bottom