• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Blond

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You may find this thread completely pointless, but I’ve noticed something I would like to share with you.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the game should be renamed to "Blond Evil". Why? Because Capcom really seems to hate blonds. All blonds in the main series are either antagonists, traitors, not to be trusted, stupid, or something else you don’t want to be.

I’m not saying that every evil character in the game is blond, but somehow every blond character is evil. The only exceptions are Leon and Sherry, although quite some people believe that either Jake or Sherry might become the new antagonist after RE6. Would be funny if it was Sherry. Talking about the Birkins...

* William Birkin does not only create viruses, which would be evil enough, but also injects himself with them to become one of RE2’s most persistent monsters.
* Annette Birkin is not exactly evil, but she’s not exactly good either.
* Bertha is one of the meanest and most sadistic members of the Wolfpack.
* Although Party-Girl belongs to Echo Six, her file reveals that she used to be quite a mean b!tch in the past.
* Jill Valentine became blond at the same time as she became evil.
* Nicholai Whatever-his-last-name-is is a traitor and antagonist in RE3. (By the way, has anyone else noticed that Jill knows his name later in the game although no one ever told her?)
* Carla Radames, who may or may not have undergone a transformation into an Ada clone, is actually a blonde, as seen on a photo from the third RE6 trailer.
* Everything called Ashford seems to be evil by nature.
* Rachel Hen might have been good before she became infected with the T-Abyss-Virus, but then she became a Nemesis-type stalker.
* Ashley Graham has always been good, yet most players want her dead more than Wesker.
* Speaking of Wesker, I don’t think I need to explain what he is.

What do all these people have in common...? - They're blond.
Any thoughts?

Edit: Maaaa! The thread name was supposed to be "Blond Evil", not "Resident Blond", now I can't change it anymore, but... oh well.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I would write a comment here but im afraid that it might be considered racist so i better not. xD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
We're speaking of a game which was called racist for depicting a white man slaughtering black zombies in Africa, and we all know it's not racist, so whatever you have in mind right now can't be too evil. At least not as evil as the blond people in RE. Spit it out! :p

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Umm Holy Hell that is very....unique for a japaneses game as they seem to worship blonds (Dino-Crysis,Parasite-Eve,Ect)

svp

I think its because us blondes are considered feminine by appearance, Lets face it who would you suspect to be carrying a gun? the dark haired/skinned man or the pretty looking blonde guy? I thinks its because it is least expected, directors and authors like to make the bad characters blonde because it messes with people's heads. Ex: the very cute Freddy Kruger from Friday the 13th, when he was little he had blonde hair and blue eyes. Also Hitler's idea of a clean nation consisted of all blonde *arian race* citizens. :cool: He didn't exactly give the blondies a good name.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
RUzm7.jpg

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Actually pretty much everyone knows that Japanese have a thing for blonde people especially if they have blue eyes and well what can I say the evil chracters are considered sexy everywhere :p So yh they basically make what they think is the hottest lol XD

svp

yeah its weird. In NYC some Japanese men were taking photos of me, that is when I had really blond hair

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
In the main series, sure. :p

Otherwise. Bruce what's-his-face and Cindy Lennox would like a word with you. Alyssa Ashcroft though... IDK...And don't you dare forget... poor Allison! I mean, she just went on vacation to Africa with her boyfriend, and she got raped by a parasite. :eek:

Reactions: svp

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Considering that probably every Asian has dark hair by nature, blond people must be quite an exotic sight for them. And blue eyes are something special too, because according to statistics, 90% of the population of Tall Oaks... eeeer, I mean of the world population has brown eyes. That's not even hard to believe, considering all the Asians, Africans and South Americans. Plus, South Europeans like Spaniards and Italians usually have dark eyes, and there are lots of brown-eyed people in Central Europe too. Most of them have dark hair as well, so... I can understand why Asians fancy blond people. But shouldn't they make them heroes then, instead of villains? (If anyone at Capcom ever reads this: This is not a request to change Chris's hair colour. PLEASE DON'T!)

Blue eyes are the second most common eye colour, and I feel like I'm something really special with my green eyes.

Top Bottom