• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised REmake speedrun!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I'm finally getting round to doing this, since i've done one for the original trilogy, even though they weren't brilliant trys i'll do them again. Anyways, this remake speedrun will be done in two parts, the reason for that is i'm leaving for the gym in 45 minutes, and unless i play like a god that time isn't possibe.
it will be done on normal mode, new save..NOT A CLEARED SAVE so no extras etc. And i will be playing as jill for my first try. I'm aiming for under 2 hours

aintnoscrub

Premium
Thankyou. I didn't get round to starting it before i left,took me longer to write up my basic guideline which i need to stick to to achieve a good time. i'm home now and going to attempt it.

aintnoscrub

Premium
seen that before..
its using one of those action replay things, so he has all the right items you need to get right to the end.
i however am doing a legit speedrun.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
That's awesome :D

Can you upload it to YT when you're done?

OH HAD A MAJOR IDEA: THERE SHOULD BE FORUM USER RACES :D

aintnoscrub

Premium
i havent been recording it, i don't have a capture card...however i would like to lay my hands on one to record my speed runs..
right this ones done, and i got an alright time, but i'm going again, because i'm not happy with this time at all
2:17
i made a few silly mistakes, that can be improved upon, but before anyone gets the idea, i'm not going to use special weapons, i have already removed the save file which i just completed on.
so its a brand new game again...no special weapons and items.

anyways in case anyone wants proof.
2nt3xc.jpg

i'll have an even better time up soon.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Thanks, i'm working on my second run now. Doing so much better this time. I'm not checking my map and saving as much so its chopping off alot of time. And last time i got poisened by yawn :s this time i didn't so saved time there as well. So hopefully under 2 hours.

aintnoscrub

Premium
second attempt is done.. and i did improve a fair bit.
heres the pic.
2qu0mle.jpg

that was also done with jill (obviously) normal mode..no special weapons etc.
i did that speed run almost straight after finishing the other so it was fresh in my head, and so cut alot of time not saving and checking my map as much.
i also took less damage this time...actually i only got bitten once and hit by lisa once so that meant less trips to get herbs.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Lol i'm going again soon. But 1.30 on normal is abit of a stretch. the PAL copy runs slower than the NTSC copy and if im not mistaken one of the top times is around 1.30 on ntsc so maybe knock another 10 mins of my time and i'll be happy for now.

aintnoscrub

Premium
thanks...btw does anyone else have good times they wish to share, its more of a challenge to have something to aim for.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I'm getting a GameCube and REmake from Amazon, in the post soon so I should have some times eventually :D

Torque

when i can get the chance to actually play the game on my wii, i will try for a speed run, the tv is always being used alot >.<..

i'm aiming to get under 2:30 considering my last run was like 3hrs and 5 mins, i'll then gradually try to cut it down to under 2hrs :D

aintnoscrub

Premium
if you want any tips or things like that feel free to ask.
i've got a 2 hours route pretty much figured out now.

DavizZz

hello gamers,
well i would like to introduce you to my "speedruns" maybe you are interested.
Here are my endtimes:
NEWGAME: (REMAKE)
- Jill 1"25"56 (2 Saves)
- Chris 1"29"00 (2 Saves) FINISHED YESTERDAY
- Real Survival (Jill) 1"34"56 (2 Saves)
- Real Survival (Chris) 1"38"52 (2 Saves)
- Invisible Enemy (Jill) working on...
- Invisible Enemy (Chris) working on...

RESIDENT EVIL 1 (GC, HARD MODE):
- Invisible Enemy Knife Only (Jill) 1"59"57 NO V-JOLT
- Invisible Enemy Knife Only (Chris) 2"08"23 NO V-JOLT

You won't probably believe me, because I am new here... If you want, visit my youtube channel: youtube.com/DavizZz2106

There are my Resident Evil Videos.

Torque

@aintnoscrub

I'm planning to do a speedrun tonight when my parents go out for work, so it'll be a good chance to do it.

Would you have any tips on what items i should collect for say.. the first 20 mins or so? or if i should collect all items that are needed later on (eg crest in dining room) early on and deposit later in the item box under the staircase?

Top Bottom