• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Redfield in REVII?

Chris Redfield?

• Real Chris Redfield

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Fake Chris Redfield

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
First of all, I'm sorry if someone already created the same thread, I didn't see any so I went with it.

What do you think about Redfield in Resident Evil VII? Is that the real Chris Redfield, someone impersonating him or hunk? I just can't believe that could be Chris we all know, he is so different I mean facial structure is completely different, in my opinion it is nothing like Chris, why would they change his appearance if they still kept his old one in Vendetta it makes no sense or Vendetta is set before 7?

Even Capcom confirmed that it is Chris Redfield, Claire's brother, maybe they are trying to trick us? Wouldn't be the first time, back in the days when Resident Evil 6 still wasn't released they kept refering to Carla as Ada Wong and then we all believed Ada became antagonist for sure

Chris in Vendetta and the one we all know of
untitled_1_by_devilfeel-darzyr0.png

Redfield in REVII
Redfield.jpg

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Fake

1. Looks nothing like him

2. Why change the VA 3 times in such a short space, same with character model

3. Why would he change the corporation he works for, especially to one which causes so much trouble in the world for him.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
This is what Capcom posted "Chris Redfield returns in the free “Not A Hero” DLC for #RE7 this Spring. Who or what is he chasing? Find out soon in this separate story."

black 93

Personally i think it's fake and Capcom are trying to trick us. Look's nothing like the Chris we know, Chris has never referred to himself simply as 'Redfield' and Capcom made no effort to change his apperance in Vendetta, which is set just before this game. Havent played RE7 since i beat it because i was pretty disappointed with the game (which is a shame because i was in the group defending it before release) so i haven't really put much thought into this. Probably something iv missed but no, i don't think this is the real Chris and if it is, Capcom have made a completley unnecessary change to his appearance.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Everyone here already knows my opinion on RE7, so if it turns out that this is the real Chris Redfield after all, that would be just another nail on the coffin that isn't even needed anymore. There would have to be a very good explanation as to why he looks and acts so different all of a sudden, but knowing Capcom, there won't be anything good enough to convince me. I say he's fake, first and foremost because of all the potential evidence I and others have brought up, but also because I choose to believe that.

Havent played RE7 since i beat it because i was pretty disappointed with the game (which is a shame because i was in the group defending it before release) so i haven't really put much thought into this.

Would you mind elaborating what exactly it was that disappointed you? Wherever I look, I see people who defended the game pre-release still defending it after playing it, and people who had their doubts still having their doubts, at most saying it's a decent game, but not a good RE. You're the first one I come across who actually changed their mind, so I'm curious.

black 93

Everyone here already knows my opinion on RE7, so if it turns out that this is the real Chris Redfield after all, that would be just another nail on the coffin that isn't even needed anymore. There would have to be a very good explanation as to why he looks and acts so different all of a sudden, but knowing Capcom, there won't be anything good enough to convince me. I say he's fake, first and foremost because of all the potential evidence I and others have brought up, but also because I choose to believe that.

Would you mind elaborating what exactly it was that disappointed you? Wherever I look, I see people who defended the game pre-release still defending it after playing it, and people who had their doubts still having their doubts, at most saying it's a decent game, but not a good RE. You're the first one I come across who actually changed their mind, so I'm curious.
Of course. I just found it a little underwhelming for a big numbered sequel, the enemy variety was pathetic, Jack Baker was more funny than scary, the very few puzzles were too easy, i can't think of one character in this game that i'd like to return, and it just felt a world away from previous RE's in terms of the story. After beating this game iv concluded that as a game it is a good solid game, but it dosen't deserve the 7 in it's title. Revelation's 2 with a bigger budget would deserve it more in my opinion. I dunno, just something about this one didn't feel right when i played it, i certainly can't see me still regularly playing it in 20 years time like i do RE2, or even in 8 years time like i do RE5.

weskerondope

resident evil fans allways has the most riddiculus theories.
and they have never once been right about anything ever
its like i am the only one that makes any sense at all

if you could accept chris the way he looked in re5 then accepting re7 chris should be fairly easy
allthough its very strange he rides an umbrella chopper but its still the real chris

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Vendetta is set just before re7 yet Chris looks so diff, did he get muscle reduction surgery done...Its not real Chris in 7 Im telling you

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium

if you could accept chris the way he looked in re5 then accepting re7 chris should be fairly easy
allthough its very strange he rides an umbrella chopper but its still the real chris

Oh, there he is again. Say, Wesker, how strong is that dope you're on?

By the way, I actually have a pretty good track record in correctly predicting twists in the RE universe (like Alex Wesker's gender), so you might reconsider your status as the only one who makes any sense.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

Chris still looked somewhat like Remake Chris, they basically used the Remake model as a base/reference and just made him look older and more buff, with a few minor differences. It wasn't a completely different model like this guy.

Eagle5

S.O.A.
I'm in two minds about it. My boyfriend and I have a bet on whether or not it's really Chris. While he's suffered through enough character redesigns to think it's probably Chris in the new engine... I'm not so sure. I don't think it would be such an open question if it really was him. What about his appearance in Vendetta? Why hasn't this been officially cleared up already? I feel like Capcom are deliberately holding something back (whether it's a bluff to retain our interest for the DLC, I'm not sure).

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Given that umbrella has been pretty much shut down since code Veronica and the fact they've now changed their logo from red to blue suggests they may have attempted to rebrand themselves and maybe are now trying to come across as a "good" company (obviously with villainous intentions that will most likely be revealed). Or it could be that they are now on the opposite side of the coin given what we know about their work that ties in with re7.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't think it's him or even want it to be him. For one, he looks goofy as hell with that weak chin, big nose, and poorly animated mouth. And 2, being a bad guy or working for Umbrella, even if reformed, is absolutely dumb. With that said, I do think that's supposed to be Chris' new redesign because Capcom has already called him Chris and despite having a new English voice actor, he remains the same in other languages. However, I do think they're trying to throw us off.

Someone has pointed out that Umbrella Corp, which is supposedly canon, featured some cloning bull**** and face mask technology. Therefore, this could be what we're seeing. Though, if it's really some kind of imposter Chris, which I'd be fine with considering what RE7 is implying about him, I at least hope this is leading to Wesker's return. They could explain some bull**** about how when he died in 5, his mind transferred over to a new clone body just like Alex in Revelations 2.

Though, if Chris being cloned is really the case here, then I hate Capcom for not getting Roger Craig Smith back and for changing Chris' design so horribly. But at least they'd be able to salvage his character. This was just a horrible twist to begin with. Especially since if it does turn out to be the real Chris, they did quite a f*cked up job of conveying that from the start and just made the whole thing awkward by changing everything about him. Resident Evil 7 is just a huge disappointment on so many levels.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Isn't it possible that Chris might be working undercover?

I highly doubt that a budding bioterrorist organization would even risk allowing Chris to "work" for them... his heroics in the RE universe is too well known. Ada, on the other hand, is another story in terms of undercover work.

I think it is laughable that people think Capcom is being serious/honest when they say that this is Chris Redfield. They're not gonna give away the "twist". They want us to speculate like they did with Ada in RE6.

It's not Chris- but if it is then I completely agree with @Turo602 on that being the dumbest decision Capcom could make for his character. If it is Chris then there is some serious mind control crap going on here... perhaps Wesker is back and with his best man (who looks fugly now).

Last edited:
Top Bottom