• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 RE7 Zombies or Not???

Cerberus1116

Hey guys, I was having a hard time determining whether or not the Baker family along with those mold creatures in RE7 are actually zombies seeing as how this whole series is based off thst genre, i have not played RE7 but i have general knowledge of RE origins and different variety of viruses in each game.
So if you guys have a valid answer about this then please share and explain your answer or theory.

Ethan Winters

Ito Junji Addict, Lupin Enthusiast
No.. There hasn't been zombies in the games since Outbreak. 4 stopped with them. Although they were in 6, but yeah. They are /NOT/ zombies in 7.

Kurisu

Well, tecnically every zombie in the game is more like an infected person, that's why the game is called Biohazard in Japan, but the thing we call zombies... They could actually fit the description,
especially Jack since after dying he's brought back to life, and both creatures and the Bakers are slaves to Eveline's control. You see, we're used to zombies being like dead people brought back to life with no purpose and them eating people, but there's a legend that if someone is brought back to life they would be a slave for who revived them. That would be the monsters' case since in my theory Eveline revived the dead persons the Bakers kidnapped as monsters. Now, the Bakers aren't exactly like zombies except for Jack. Jack "dies" multiple times on the game and with Eveline's gift he keeps coming back, he's brainwashed and if Eveline tells him to kill he'll kill. Same happened with Mia too, to be honest. I think Capcom went to the "Vodoo-sorcerer-like-villain" plot in this one, and that was really cool for them to use the other beliefs.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Hey guys, I was having a hard time determining whether or not the Baker family along with those mold creatures in RE7 are actually zombies seeing as how this whole series is based off thst genre, i have not played RE7 but i have general knowledge of RE origins and different variety of viruses in each game.
So if you guys have a valid answer about this then please share and explain your answer or theory.

Technically speaking, if you go WAY back into zombie history, zombies used to be mindless slaves to a central puppetmaster if you will (this was before George Romero's zombie standard that is pretty much recognized as a true zombie today). Going by those earlier standards, the Ganados in Resident Evil 4 and the Molded/Baker Family could be considered zombies, being victim to a central controller. I'm not so sure about Resident Evil 5 or 6, but as for the Bakers, I would say yes, it certain zombie universes with slightly different rulesets, they are technically zombies.

Kurisu

Technically speaking, if you go WAY back into zombie history, zombies used to be mindless slaves to a central puppetmaster if you will (this was before George Romero's zombie standard that is pretty much recognized as a true zombie today). Going by those earlier standards, the Ganados in Resident Evil 4 and the Molded/Baker Family could be considered zombies, being victim to a central controller. I'm not so sure about Resident Evil 5 or 6, but as for the Bakers, I would say yes, it certain zombie universes with slightly different rulesets, they are technically zombies.
Yeah, you explained what I meant way better than me. 5 and 6 infected... Well, they still try to eat you and stuff, so I would say so, but the game itself its originally called Biohazard for a reason, so they don't really care about if they're really zombies or not, they put it as "Look, they were infected by a virus, carry on."

Top Bottom