• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Re6

Snake44

Does anybody know is there a re6 or a next re something ????

If there is id say it would be intresting the way re5 ended.:D

Mark-o

yea thats all i herd to just a rumer but if they do make a re6 i hope it tell more about the storys of the og people (billy mostly) and has ZOMBIES.

bruno

Chief Researcher
It's not confirmed if RE6 will ever exist, but Capcom stated that, iff they make it, they'll reboot the series. I don't know what they mean, but probably new characters, new enemies, new themes...

D

Deleted member 1428

Reboot basically means restart I think. Maybe it's been like 30 yrs and Chrisand Jill and them all all have kids and then there's a virus outbreak, you get the idea.

jw1322

Nemises;60088 said:
Reboot basically means restart I think. Maybe it's been like 30 yrs and Chrisand Jill and them all all have kids and then there's a virus outbreak, you get the idea.

i thought by reboot they meant that they would revamp the gameplay mechanics or the story (i.e. zombies again instead of majini) like they did with re4. basically take the series in a different direction. it could be interesting if they did do a story set way in the future, as long as they don't do to re what they did with dino crisis 3...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Zombies in space?? **** that! Lol. Capcom announced it could be up to 8 years until 6 gets released. So prepare yourselves for a longggggggg wait. I personally hope its not set way in the future, otherwise popular villains cant make an appearence. Set it during thr current RE universe when the outbreaks are everywhere

Rebecca Chambers

Somehow I don't think Capcom would make RE6 set way into the future. Or in space haha. I dont think there will be a big time jump however I could see Rebecca Chambers in the near future of the RE series. But I heard rumours she was going to get her on GC movie. Sherry's a possible candidate for a new game. And hopefully we will see the return of the classic RE zombies.

We Are Ninja

There will definitely be a RE6. RE5 did too well for there not to be one. When it will comeo out is anyone's guess...

I think a series reboot is a good idea. This whole Spencer/virus storyline has become long-winded and convoluted, IMO. Chris is 35 in RE5. In 5 years (which is about the time it'll take Capcom to create a new game anyway), he'll be 40. And Jill is right behind him. Why not introduce some young, new protagonists? The BSAA is a big organization... I'm sure they've got some new hires or graduates...

But, since they're basically restarting the series from from scrath with a rebeoot, they could re-use Chris and Jill if they wanted and make them whatever age they choose...

aintnoscrub

Premium
You do know that if it takes capcom 5 years, being a video game they dont have to age chris, however the wise idea would be a reboot. Scary, fast as hell zombies would do the trick

aintnoscrub

Premium
Jills still young and could easily feature in another game, however i see chris going down the same route as solid snake

bruno

Chief Researcher
Chris and Jill will have their final (i suppose) main roles in RE5 Alternate Edition. I like them and i'd like to see them again, but come on, everyone knows RE has a vast number of characters and they can't alway stick to the same. I hope they introduce new characters. Of course, the older characters may figure as support characters, or even antagonists, but none of the existant characters has a big chance of being in the next RE.

Hunk104

RE4 was a reboot. They're going to change it from being actionbase to something else hopefully like dead space and dead rising with resident evil re 4 game style. They aren't going to restart the whole franchise maybe in the future but not right now After they finish off they're current story line maybe

bruno

Chief Researcher
Despite having left some lose ends (they had 100000 opportunities to clear them up and missed them, so i lost hope that they will), the story until now has officially nothing left to explain, so they are free to choose between keeping the same characters or changing them.
When Capcom mentioned a reboot, i thought about a completely new story, i never considered RE4 as a reboot. But good point there.

Top Bottom