• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) RE3 in REmake 2?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just had an awesome idea for REmake 2 which you better believe Capcom WON'T take me up on, but one can only dream.

What if they actually crossed-over RE2 AND RE3 all in the same REmake (at least as a DLC expansion at a later date if not all in one go)? Since they're both set in Raccoon City around the same time as each other, it does offer that flexibility if Capcom so chooses (which, again, it's a safe bet they won't). It would go a long way in expanding an already awesome game (similar to Lisa Trevor's addition to REmake 1) and adding replayability.

Think about it:

Depending on the choices made, you could have Claire meet up with Jill (everyone knows that's LONG overdue), Jill meeting up with Ada, Leon meeting up with Nikolai, Leon and Carlos, Leon and Jill, Claire and Carlos, etc., etc. each with their own sets of bosses between the 2 games depending on where and when you meet them and with who. So much nostalgia and replay value to be had, especially if the rumors of REmake 2 having the choice of all 3 camera perspectives are, indeed, true. It could even have a third campaign: and A and B featuring Leon/Claire and a C featuring Jill that you unlock after completing the game.

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Sorry to inform but this idea is very old, people have been talking about having a RE2 remake include RE3 for a long time now, including myself.

I even suggested they just release a game called "Resident Evil Fall of Racoon City", I mentioned this on this forum and others years ago, it would include both a remake of the events of RE2 and RE3 all melded into 1 coherent storyline that overlaps and also feature new elements like the LIsa Trevor thing in Remake.

Zacmac90

What's taking them so long to remake Resident Evil 2 and 3? Resident evil 1 remake was well done and well received by fans so Re 2 & 3 remade in a similar fashion with 2017 graphics and old school camera shots etc is just money begging to be made

IntoxNitram

What's taking them so long to remake Resident Evil 2 and 3? Resident evil 1 remake was well done and well received by fans so Re 2 & 3 remade in a similar fashion with 2017 graphics and old school camera shots etc is just money begging to be made
Remake of 2 was confirmed 1-2 years ago, slowly progressing and likely to hear more about it this year. It seems in Capcom's current strategy to make all Resident Evil games available again on most current generation systems. Its happening, just not out yet.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Sorry to inform but this idea is very old, people have been talking about having a RE2 remake include RE3 for a long time now, including myself.

I even suggested they just release a game called "Resident Evil Fall of Racoon City", I mentioned this on this forum and others years ago, it would include both a remake of the events of RE2 and RE3 all melded into 1 coherent storyline that overlaps and also feature new elements like the LIsa Trevor thing in Remake.

That pic isn't showing up.

But I highly doubt REmake 2 will have RE3 even as a DLC add-on. It's too bad because this sadly might be the only way we ever get to see Jill and Claire in the same game and actually meeting face-to-face. I've suggested my own Code Veronica-esque spin-off game on here featuring the two that also continues not only Alex's, but Jessica and Raymond's story from the first Revelations which she happened to be apart of. Unfortunately, the RE2 Jill picture file during Claire's campaign might be as close as we ever get to that.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Having the characters from 2 and 3 meet up wouldn't really make sense and it would probably change things a lot. RE 2 takes place while Jill is unconscious across town.

Top Bottom