• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Re2 remake , full controlled modern camera or classic fixed one (disscusion)

Which type of camera would you like to play re2 remake with?

• Classic fixed camera

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • free full controlled camera

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • i think capcom should release the game with both

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Rpd_spidee

Hello guys what's up

i think most of us watched the fan remade versions from re2 on youtube , some were been made with the classic fixed camera and some with the full controlled 3rd person shooter camera like re4 and so on

hqdefault.jpg

i just want to hear from all of you which type of camera do you prefer to play the remake of re2 with ?
we got news from different sources that the game will be ready late this year or Q1 2018 ,

from my point of view the classic camera is the best ever , it's more comfortable to me it shows you the whole room from different angles , it gives better survival horror taste to the game compared to the free controlled camera , i know some people wont deal with my opinion , but for me as a big fan of RE , if i want to play a free camera game i would go for GTA , Uncharted , last of us .. etc form 3rd person shooter action games

i wait for your posts
Thanks

Turo602

The King of Kings
It needs to be true to the original as the original REmake was. Changing the mechanics to give you more control would completely destroy the game as they'd have to rework the way you fight enemies just to keep the challenge balanced. I don't think most of the Resident Evil community wants a modern day Resident Evil 2, they want an enhanced Resident Evil 2. That means making what's already there better, not changing it completely.

Rpd_spidee

the news we heard from different sources that it wont be a remastered version like Re zero or Re HD remastered but they will change the rooms , puzzles , also its possible to add , replace or remove some sub characters , like the prisoner Ben
i only hope that the game life should be longer than couple of hours like the original game on 1998 , because 10 years ago they were forced to make it like this due to console disc capacity , but now its up to 50GB more than 60 doubles than before !
also i'm looking forward to see if Mr.X will go after leon/Claire in different rooms !

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well, it's been confirmed to be a remake since its announcement so I don't think there's ever been any confusion there. If possible, I won't mind if they add a subplot much like REmake did with Lisa Trevor. Though, I don't think Resident Evil 2 really needs it, since it already had more content than the first one. What they could do however, is add more modes like invisible enemy and whatnot. But all I could really hope for right now is for them to do it as right as they did REmake. Otherwise, there really is no point in them even doing this project.

Mr.R

In all honesty? Fixed camera angles don't work that well anymore. Using auto-aim and shooting at things you aren't seeing because the camera isn't showing you in these days is pointless. Also, takes much of the skill of trying to figure out a boss's weak point, for example. I think the over the shoulder camera could work quite well with the RE2 Remake, if we get faster and more aggressive zombies, specially because, in its normal form, RE2 is one of the easiest games on the franchise. So I think it needs a rework to make it more challenging, more engaging. Remake is a VERY slow game (I'm not talking about the pace or atmosphere. It's slow. The character run slow, turn slow, shoot slow, move slow so much that it's almost cumbersome), much more than the original RE1 and I really don't want RE2Remake to be slow like that. We may like Remake because of its nostalgia and the incredible atmosphere it has (I do, at least, and don't get me wrong, I love Remake, but to me, it's far from a perfect game.), but Remake's control was, by far, its most critical flaw, and it really shows how much Resident Evil needed to evolve after that. I don't want Re2Remake to be like RE1Remake. I don't want to see just better graphics or a new atmosphere (there's not much else you can do with scenarios that appeared so much through the series like the RPD or Birkin's Lab.), I want an even better experience, and setting the control and camera almost 20 years back, for me at least, it's not the way to do it.

mjk321

it would be nice to do it in an RE5: lost in nightmare kinda way. just less damage on your stuff

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Actually, I posted a tidbit a while back indicating that it would have the choice of not only fixed and 3rd person cam, but also first-person to boot.

Of course I plan to go all-nostalgia on my first playthrough with fixed cams, but I'll be more than happy to try it out on my VR headset afterwards just to see how it plays out. I can only imagine the immersion I would feel seeing this in VR with modern-day graphics:

Top Bottom