• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) RE2 Remake controller PS4 vs XBoxOne

lakbk

First off, I love the original RE2. With the remake, I have tried the 30 min demo on Xbox One only.

Now, I am deciding which version to get PS4 or XBoxOne.

If you have played RE2 Remake on both PS4 and XBoxOne version, please let me know about the controller and gameplay. This will help me decided which version to buy.

Thanks in advance

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I generally prefer the shape of an XBOX One controller because it fits my hands so well and the thumbsticks/triggers are buttery smooth. Face buttons are a little clicky compared to PS4 but it's hardly noticeable.
On the other hand, I like the DualShock 4's arrangement for 2D platformers on Steam, but I've had the menu buttons begin to stick and I've had a trigger on a DS4 break before during regular gameplay... I don't even know how it managed it. I'm also not keen on the thumbsticks, I don't like my thumbs touching.

In short, XB1 = 3D, PS4 = 2D

Turo602

The King of Kings
I've always preferred the Xbox controller for just about anything, simply due to the fact that it's an overall weightier controller that feels good in your hands, and the comfortable layout of the thumb sticks which makes any game where you use both analog sticks to move your character much better. The triggers on the Xbox controller are also superior to the PS4's, which feel very loose, and due to their shape and positioning, can accidentally be pressed in when put down. The Xbox One's triggers specifically, have more levels of sensitivity and even rumble when you shoot, making shooting much more satisfying. Honestly, nothing is gonna change much depending on which version you get, all the buttons will do the same thing in the same layout, except I think you bring up the map with the touchpad on the PS4 instead of the back button or whatever the hell it's called now on Xbox. But generally, I'd reccomend the Xbox controller, period.

Top Bottom