• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised RE1 remakes cutscenes

Resident James

RE1 of all the Resident evil games I have played has a lot of alternate cut scenes, as in, there is a scene that players when you do something, but If you had done something different, a different one pops up instead.

The obvious ones are the endings, with 4 different endings for Jill and Chris each (depending who escapes with the character)

Also, the talk with Wesker near the end is different depending if Barry/Rebbecca died or lived up to that point.

But its not just the ends that are different, all throughout the game are alternate scenes that you may or may not have discovered yet. I wonder if we all can all find them.

Lets see, in Jill's game, after you enter the dining room with Barry Burton, trying to go back to the main hall starts a small cut scene with Wesker and Jill, trying to go back into the hall a 2nd time starts a 2nd short cut scene with Jill and Bary.

When you reach Barry at the end of the dining room, going back towards the main hall on the side of the table with the grandfather clock starts an alternate intro to the first zombie of the game.

Once in the main hall, when you are looking for Wesker, going upstairs and looking around and coming back triggers the regular cut scene, but if you instead go downstairs to where the locked door that you need the emblems to open, another cut scene trigers when you walk back up (only works if you come back up on the left side, however the audio is the same, its only slightly different)

Any more that you know of? and how do you get them? I know there are a ton of them.

Torque

There's the one where you see Barry reading something in the room with the bug puzzle and fishtank. U see it when you get the mansion key that opens the middle door on the 2nd floor above a save room i think?

I also know the one when you are in the residence and when you go to open door 002, you see a cut scene of someone (barry) talking to himself or perhaps someone else?

Depending on whether or not you saved chris and/or Barry, at the end of the game on route to the final heli pad fight the cut scenes will be different according to who you saved.

wpstudart

I remember that I somehow I got some Acid Shells from Barry. Don't remember how, but it was in the beginning.

ResidentZelda

yeah it depends you get the acid shells from barry if you have space in your inventory, if you do not have apace in you inventory you don't get the acid shells. And I can't recall any hidden cutscenes :/

Torque

Basically the scenes you get are from what you do and from where you reach places, i noticed a few differences in cut scenes between my first and second runs as i took different paths

wpstudart

That's why Resident Evil Remake is marvelous, you can choose your path, your way, you don't need to do what the game orders.

Torque

wpstudart;50367 said:
That's why Resident Evil Remake is marvelous, you can choose your path, your way, you don't need to do what the game orders.

Definately. It was a good idea to do this as it makes it more interesting, it was for me.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
wpstudart;50367 said:

well in a sense its not that great, its not like an RPG where you literally do pick your own path and don't have to follow a guideline, but you do in resident evil, only a few choices alter the cutscenes! The rest of the game is based on a set path made out of puzzles you have to do

Samurai Burton

I hope This is Not My Blood!
When I had to find the serum for the bravo team member who was dying I cant remember his name, I did not get back in time to administer the serum so it turned out that I did not receive the radio does that change the story, because I have not continued after that.

Popo

wpstudart;50367 said:

that's the kind of remake they should do for RE2, excepts they should do it for ps2 xbox360 and wii not just wii

Cameron

Here's to the Atom Bomb
Samurai Burton;50405 said:
When I had to find the serum for the bravo team member who was dying I cant remember his name, I did not get back in time to administer the serum so it turned out that I did not receive the radio does that change the story, because I have not continued after that.

If you're playing as Chris, then your partner Rebecca will give you a radio outside of the Plant 42 room later in the game.

If you're Jill, you'll find it laying around after Wesker tells you to go back into the mansion.

Resident James

Epic necropost, I know, I made this thread way back in 2009, but I recently discovered that if your Jill, and you don't pick up the shot gun (where you are saved by Barry from becoming a sandwich), later when you discover Forrest you get a different cut-scene with Barry.

Top Bottom