• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) RE 2 Remake Scenario Design Choice

Murrdogg93

Obviously there are story inconsistencies if you think of the scenarios paired up together. But honestly, I think the devs simply decided to make 4 separate single scenarios instead of 2 pairs that coincide together.

For example, if you're playing as Leon, then Claire has no boss fights, and vice versa. That's the only way it makes any sense at all. You're supposed to just experience each scenario as 4 separate experiences.

The only importance of the 2nd Run is if you want to experience the true ending. Or just play one of the first scenarios to get the simple seemingly happy ending of escaping on the train.

Everyone just expected the 4 scenarios to be paired up together, like in the original. But I guess the devs decided to make a change.

Not saying I prefer this scenario method to how the original designed them being paired together, but I find it's an interesting change.

D

Deleted member 21244

Obviously there are story inconsistencies if you think of the scenarios paired up together. But honestly, I think the devs simply decided to make 4 separate single scenarios instead of 2 pairs that coincide together.

For example, if you're playing as Leon, then Claire has no boss fights, and vice versa. That's the only way it makes any sense at all. You're supposed to just experience each scenario as 4 separate experiences.

The only importance of the 2nd Run is if you want to experience the true ending. Or just play one of the first scenarios to get the simple seemingly happy ending of escaping on the train.

Everyone just expected the 4 scenarios to be paired up together, like in the original. But I guess the devs decided to make a change.

Not saying I prefer this scenario method to how the original designed them being paired together, but I find it's an interesting change.
Originally the game was going to have just two campaign, leon and Claire, there was no second run
This was revealed by the director some days after the first trailer of the game was released
However due to the huge backslash by the fandom, since everyone was hoping for the zapping system to be in the remake, Capcom soon begin working on a way to solve this, and they decided to put the second run that we have in the final product , but since the game was just 6 month from release no huge change could have been done, so they just added this second run whit a different intro and ending and remixed enemy and item location, and Infact you can clearly see that the second run look a bit rushed like if it was put there at the last second just to please fan, and even the start in the grave yard is unpolished whit low quality texture and is also rushed, leon/claire just get to the police station out of nowhere

Murrdogg93

Originally the game was going to have just two campaign, leon and Claire, there was no second run
This was revealed by the director some days after the first trailer of the game was released
However due to the huge backslash by the fandom, since everyone was hoping for the zapping system to be in the remake, Capcom soon begin working on a way to solve this, and they decided to put the second run that we have in the final product , but since the game was just 6 month from release no huge change could have been done, so they just added this second run whit a different intro and ending and remixed enemy and item location, and Infact you can clearly see that the second run look a bit rushed like if it was put there at the last second just to please fan, and even the start in the grave yard is unpolished whit low quality texture and is also rushed, leon/claire just get to the police station out of nowhere
Also when you're playing the 2nd Run, you can see a continuity error when everyone is on the train. The B character says something along the lines of "We'll get through this" at the fence by the courtyard. Yet, the cutscene on the train will claim that the A character said that line.

D

Deleted member 21244

Also when you're playing the 2nd Run, you can see a continuity error when everyone is on the train. The B character says something along the lines of "We'll get through this" at the fence by the courtyard. Yet, the cutscene on the train will claim that the A character said that line.
In the second run actually the line is never says on the train, if i remember right it's only mentioned in the A scenario, when leon and Claire meet at the courtyard thr b character will say something like: we are going to make it trust me
And in the ending the b character will say: i told you we are gonna make it

I don't remember the line being mentioned in the second run

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - this is the biggest downfall of RE2 REmake. It is an amazing game and the best feeling for a Resident Evil game in my opinion of all time. The game feels THAT good to play and is so much fun. But it is not as good as the original RE2. Without the zapping system and storylines, the game doesn't contain much outside of playing the Leon or Claire campaign. If they added the zapping system in, I would instantly and without regret, REpurchase the RE2 REmake.

Murrdogg93

In the second run actually the line is never says on the train, if i remember right it's only mentioned in the A scenario, when leon and Claire meet at the courtyard thr b character will say something like: we are going to make it trust me
And in the ending the b character will say: i told you we are gonna make it

I don't remember the line being mentioned in the second run
No, if you're playing the 2nd Run, the A character actually claims, on the train, that they said the courtyard line, even though your character actually said it.

So if I'm playing Leon 2nd Run, he says the line in the courtyard. But in the train...

Leon: We made it.
Claire: Just like I said we would.

That's the same train dialogue for Leon's 1st Story. They just added Birkin attacking the train for the true ending access.

D

Deleted member 21244

No, if you're playing the 2nd Run, the A character actually claims, on the train, that they said the courtyard line, even though your character actually said it.

So if I'm playing Leon 2nd Run, he says the line in the courtyard. But in the train...

Leon: We made it.
Claire: Just like I said we would.

That's the same train dialogue for Leon's 1st Story. They just added Birkin attacking the train for the true ending access.
True, just watched the video to confirm
I never noticed that
But i also looked at claire second run and in the courtyard it's claire who say that they are gonna make it but than on the train it's leon who says i told you we are gonna make it, so both type of line are present in the game only that Capcom put them in the wrong places, so strange lol another addition in the re 2 remake inconsistent story

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulDB

The way I see it, the formula from the first Resident Evil game was reused to recreate the same kind of variance that both the original and remaster were unique for. I get the feeling that Capcom wanted to let fans experience two separate realities that could have occured because of the concept of how different universes exist in the same time and can unfold in different ways.

Top Bottom