• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Random Stupid Realization

justliketheplant

Ok, so according to TVTropes.org,

Harem is a genre/plot frame that is mostly present in the Japanese media of anime, manga, Light Novels, Visual Novels, and Video Games. It typically features a High School–aged male lead with at least two (usually at least three and often a lot more) available girls who may be actively interested in him but at the very least are bound by circumstances to be close to him.

And:

The protagonist [...] almost never actually enters a consummated romantic relationship with any of them, except perhaps as the grand finale.

I mean, Resident Evil 4 is by no means Ranma 1/2, but between Ashley, Ada, and Hunnigan it technically fits the trope.

This is 100% a brain fart and I'm not being incredibly serious. I just thought of it the other day and was amused.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
A very interesting point. It can also extend to Leon’s arc across the series as a whole, and can include Claire, Angela, and Helena (I don’t include Manuela as she was far too young, although subtle moments in Darkside Chronicles seemed to indicate it was being suggested *shudder*).

Personally, between them all, I’d have Leon pick between Claire and Ashley. The others are simply too unavailable for either professional or emotional reasons.

Top Bottom