• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Random Musings on Umbrella Corp (OG RE1 and 2) *Calling Lore Experts etc*

UmbrellaTech

So I'm wondering things about the original, first RE game/s in particular. Like, how did Umbrella Corp fly in all that heavy plant gear? How did they dig out that underground lab with nobody noticing?

Are there bits of that lab we never see? Must be. There had to have been huge works up to it at one stage to pour all the concrete etc. How did they cover that up?

I am guessing huge bribes on at least building regs for the ARKLAY Mansion (although I guess we have to call it the Spencer mansion *with a big sigh* now) too (eg "Oh you want just a couple toilets and no windows or fire escapes on anything yeah? Ok that's fine I'll take this very large envelope off you cheers rich British man.") I mean, even in the sixties a random British millionaire would have attracted some attention at least. Bribes probably went a long way to helping all processes in fact. And what fired the big generator in the lab? If it is actually the generator that feeds the mansion too. Unlikely it was on the grid I'd think, but it'd have been a very tall order to have no road access to it. Was it on the grid before all that? Does anyone know when the lab went in?

Probably not a huge stretch to assume that when Umbrella Corp got big enough if, for example, the roof went in or the gutter clogged they'd have their own maintenance folks up for a look at it. Just a wonder they didn't go in super quick after they knew what was going down there and torch the whole place and flood/destroy the lab. It may be that some things I don't know were addressed in other RE games, but I've only really played RE1, 2, 3, (originals) 4, 5 and a few minutes of 6 you see. As far as I understand it they wanted STARS to go in and see how they did, along with something to test out how Wesker would perform in some respect or another? Idk. Also seems like a big risk leaving it to stagnate for however long it was.

And while I'm at it, that lab is TINY. Even the RE2 lab is TINY. This is what a virology research lab where they fiddle around with virii looks like:

Chinas-Wuhan-Institute-of-Virology.jpg

Either they REALLY REALLY knew what they were doing or they brought in a LOT of research stuff done elsewhere and did some essential parts of the process and that's all, and housed a few interesting/gross monsters to poke around a bit/watch them swim in big tanks for no good reason.

Could it have been that? Could this just have been a little "showcase" lab essentially, where they had the Neptune and the Tyrant etc and would show off to potential customers and occasionally Wesker and his mates would sling a test tube around?

I don't know. It's almost as if this whole thing isn't actually real at all...

Last edited:
Top Bottom