• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question I would like answered?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So I heard from some one earlier that operation raccoon city was not made by capcom he said some one else wanted to make it so they said it would be okay as long as they linked there name. Is this true?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
So I heard from some one earlier that operation raccoon city was not made by capcom he said some one else wanted to make it so they said it would be okay as long as they linked there name. Is this true?

Yes, Slant Six games and Capcom worked together to make ORC. That's why it's so different, but other than the way the main characters (i.e Jill, Leon, and Claire) are designed, it's quite a nice game!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Slant Six made it completely, with Capcom only overseeing the project...That's why it's unfair for people to diss Capcom if they have issues with ORC...

P.S. Story, I wasn't trying to correct you or anything if that's what it's coming across like, just putting the facts in there with my opinion...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yeah, basically Slant Six made te game and Capcom only distributed. I think it's because Slant Six has more experience with this kind of games (shooters, like SOCOM, etc). I didn't like what they did with the Lab scenario. I think they should have used that opportunity to clear up the location of the Factory (weather if it's in the city or the mountains), and it's nearby places (relation to RE0 and Outbreak areas, which is quite confusing since RE0 and Outbreak only added confusing details).
They could have added some new areas, but should have explored more the familiar areas.
I havn't played the game yet, so I don't really know about the other places. However, since it's not canon and doesn't even add either to the story or to the already known locations, I'm not intending to play it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, basically Slant Six made te game and Capcom only distributed. I think it's because Slant Six has more experience with this kind of games (shooters, like SOCOM, etc). I didn't like what they did with the Lab scenario. I think they should have used that opportunity to clear up the location of the Factory (weather if it's in the city or the mountains), and it's nearby places (relation to RE0 and Outbreak areas, which is quite confusing since RE0 and Outbreak only added confusing details).
They could have added some new areas, but should have explored more the familiar areas.
I havn't played the game yet, so I don't really know about the other places. However, since it's not canon and doesn't even add either to the story or to the already known locations, I'm not intending to play it.
Even if you're not a fan of shooters (Which I'm not...I have nothing but hate for war games) I think this game deserves a try...Because even though it's different, it really does give the player an uncanny sense of nostalgia if they're a long time RE fan...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Even if you're not a fan of shooters (Which I'm not...I have nothing but hate for war games) I think this game deserves a try...Because even though it's different, it really does give the player an uncanny sense of nostalgia if they're a long time RE fan...

It also gives the player a sense of emptyness in their wallets... If you know what I mean.
I'm saving money for RE6. Maybe I'll buy ORC later, when it becomes cheaper.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It also gives the player a sense of emptyness in their wallets... If you know what I mean.
I'm saving money for RE6. Maybe I'll buy ORC later, when it becomes cheaper.
You do have a point there my friend...Are you pre-ordering RE6?

Top Bottom