• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 QTE on switch pro mode impossible?

TPLeo

I started playing on professional difficulty a few months ago on my Nintendo Switch and I just can't get past the first boulder. I've tried different controllers, started a new run and tried a few button techniques and yet I can get only as far as I would if I'd do nothing at all. Does anyone how to solve this?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
This is unfortunate, I had no idea this was such an issue. I found this thread on Reddit from a person who had the same issue. It seems that when RE4 was ported to current gen systems with higher FPS, the rate at which you need to button mash QTEs nearly doubled. There really is no trick they said, it just translated poorly to current gen.

TPLeo

This is unfortunate, I had no idea this was such an issue. I found this thread on Reddit from a person who had the same issue. It seems that when RE4 was ported to current gen systems with higher FPS, the rate at which you need to button mash QTEs nearly doubled. There really is no trick they said, it just translated poorly to current gen.
It's just weird because I've seen playthroughs on PS4 and nobody had a problem with the QTE's even though they should both have the same framerate. Guess I either have to buy the PC version or hope that someday I will be able to make it.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I honestly haven't played RE4 since the GC version. My first thought was to find a turbo controller but then I remembered you're on a Switch lol. Maybe you can rig something up somehow, I don't know.

TPLeo

I came home from vacation yesterday and immediately tried this again unsuccessfully. I even updated my controller and switched to 480p on TV but nothing changed and you can't change the framerate on the switch version. I know that you can skip the first boulder by throwing a hand grenade at a specific point but this doesn't work for any other QTE. I will continue to find a solution for this and will let you know but I'm not very optimistic since nobody has found anything yet.

D

Deleted member 21244

The quick time event on professional mode have a very brief button window, so you have to push the button as fast as you can and when you must dodge it you have like one second to push x+square or L2+r2... Nothing to do whit frame rate, it's just the difficulty setting...
on normal mode, quick time event are easyer and have an high window, it was like this on ps2 and pc too... Also for the record, the first builder is the hardest quick time event on professional, when you pass trought it you should be fine...

If you can't do that, start the game on normal

Awebb

Doesn't sound like you've played the switch version, albert. QTE timings are definitely broken on pro on the switch. I've just compared them across versions.

OHalfBreed

I finished professional on the switch, honestly only QTE that was a problem is the statue as that took me a few goes but its not worth it.

Once you get to that door you have to mash even faster for the bridge then you did in the room before you jump the window for the jump is half the pillers before that final mash to pull you up, I can say that is the easier mash that last bit but getting there with no break takes it out of you. So for the reward of beating pro vs the trouble honestly not worth it.

Top Bottom