• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS5 question

Jamesy

when the ps5 comes out how exactley will you be able to download all your digital ps4 games onto the console?

i am guessing it will be complicated

D

Deleted member 21244

when the ps5 comes out how exactley will you be able to download all your digital ps4 games onto the console?

i am guessing it will be complicated
I don't think so, probably you just had to log your psn account into your ps5 and that's it, you re digital game will be transferred, you just need to download them

If you have them physical just put the disk into the ps5

This are all my assumptions of course, there is nothing official on how that will work

1995umk3

Out of topic but I can't help but reply to this thread. PS5... I think SONY should have ended it at 3... as 3 to me is the best one. I never tried 4, Xbox one nintendo switch or any new systems that are out right now but just looking at the new games that are out for them they all look lifeless and have no life in them.

I think it's becoming repetitive that even I'm starting to notice it.. well SONY has to make a living and they have many fans.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I don't understand that sentiment 1995umk. A lot of modern games have a rich and beautiful life to them - God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, RE2R, FF7R, Overwatch, Spiderman, etc. I honestly don't care too much about graphics, but the stories and game play of the current generation is amazing. I understand liking retro things. But saying Sony should have stopped at PS3 and accepted they were done making money and done making games is kind of a crazy point of view. Especially when gaming now feels more alive and tangible than ever!

D

Deleted member 21244

I don't understand that sentiment 1995umk. A lot of modern games have a rich and beautiful life to them - God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, RE2R, FF7R, Overwatch, Spiderman, etc. I honestly don't care too much about graphics, but the stories and game play of the current generation is amazing. I understand liking retro things. But saying Sony should have stopped at PS3 and accepted they were done making money and done making games is kind of a crazy point of view. Especially when gaming now feels more alive and tangible than ever!
Agree, It's like saying movie industry should have ended in the 80s

Technology always improve and improve years after years and this will make game industry evolve every Time... Game are different never repetitive

1995umk3

Not as alive as the older games. For example the movie Jaws looks better on VHS, the shark looks fake on Blu-ray. Technology becoming better and better isn't always a good thing like alot of people say.

I guess it's all preferance..

D

Deleted member 21244

Not as alive as the older games. For example the movie Jaws looks better on VHS, the shark looks fake on Blu-ray. Technology becoming better and better isn't always a good thing like alot of people say.

I guess it's all preferance..
The shark look fake in Jaws even on VHS right now in a sense(even if i personally think it still look great even on blu Ray) because the shark is the same both in vhs and on blu Ray the only difference is that VHS have lower resolution so you can't notice all little detail, but on blu Ray whit high quality resolution you can see many more things and detail

Blu Ray is totally better than vhs
Blu Ray have better resolution, better image quality, better video quality, better audio quality, lot more space on it to put many other extra
It's better in every way

Ps4 is better than ps1 2 and 3 in every way, in term of hardware ecc obviously some older game are far better than new game because graphic improvement ecc don't count to make w good game, but if you compare the console, ps1 2 3 4 and 5, ps5 will inevitably be the best of them all in all ways... So technology always improve never go back

I also respect your opinion and understand it... i understand that feeling when playing 80s, 90s and early 2000s game something new game can't give

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I also don't think it should've stopped at PS3. PS4 graphics are amazing and I can't wait to see PS5. Realism in games helps empathize with characters and their stories (I know this happens in older games as well but when you're dealing with blocks it's not the same.). I like seeing the rich environments I don't get to see everyday in realistic detail. And of course none of this is to say that PS3 was so bad but games will only grow to be more realistic and immursive and I personally can't wait. Yes, we all have preferences, but liking older things doesn't mean the newer things shouldn't exist. That's like saying since I like 80s hair metal there should've been no rock music thereafter. It makes no sense in my opinion.

Awebb

What should have stopped is hijacking threads that meant to answer a user's questions with a nostalgia debate.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well technically we are talking about PlayStation in a thread talking about PS5. If Jamesy or a mod had an issue I would hope he or they would have said something but he/they haven't. This is a discussion forum, what is wrong with having a discussion?

And if you want to get really super technical, more on backwards compatibility:

It has been written that you can play PS4 games from a hard drive plugged into the PS5 which contains your PS4 games and older games with likely be played using emulation software built into the PS5 because Sony has taken out a patent for new emulation technology. I would go find the link for that article but it's way too early in the morning for that. I'll edit later.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - the conversation is still relevant to the topic in my opinion.

But yeah - I don't know how it will work. I think you will probably be able to pull over save data and trophy support from cloud support. But I don't know the extent of how that will happen. SONY teamed up with Microsoft to be able to enhance their Cloud save presence, but I don't know what that means per sey.

In the PS3 to PS4 switch, I think trophy data was able to be pulled from your Username. But I don't know about save data.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't think save data could be pulled over unless you move your save data to a portable hard drive along with your games.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Imagine whining about off-topic conversations when your only contribution to the thread is whining about off-topic conversations.

Anyway, considering Xbox has been doing backwards compatibility flawlessly already and just let you redownload digital games tied to your account, I would assume Playstation would have the sense to do the same. But after that awful presentation where they were unclear about how many games would actually be backward compatible at launch and the fact that you even need to move your PS4 games to an external harddrive to even play them on the PS5, it just seems like a lost cause.

D

Deleted member 21244

I don't think save data could be pulled over unless you move your save data to a portable hard drive along with your games.
If you have a ps plus subscription you can download you're save on the clouds, so probably after you log into your ps5 you can probably download you're ps4 save from the cloud to the ps5

@UniqTeas i have all my ps3 trophy on my ps4 after i logged my psn account, created during the ps3 era, on the ps4... Ps4 don't support ps3 game so obviously you couldn't transfer saved data between the two console

1995umk3

Turo602
Awebb

I seen plenty of people break the rules on this forum and nobody said anything. Resurrecting really old threads from the grave is just one of them. I must have got on somebodys nerves if the rule breaking finally got noticed.

Or maybe I havn't been on this site long enough yet to notice these things.

And jamesy sorry for not answering you're question I was a bit rude but from now on I will and I hope other people around here will follow the forum rules as well.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Turo602
Awebb

I seen plenty of people break the rules on this forum and nobody said anything. Resurrecting really old threads from the grave is just one of them. I must have got on somebodys nerves if the rule breaking finally got noticed.

Or maybe I havn't been on this site long enough yet to notice these things.

And jamesy sorry for not answering you're question I was a bit rude but from now on I will and I hope other people around here will follow the forum rules as well.

You're good, bro. As far as I know, there is no official answer to this thread's question. You shouldn't be worried about strictly following the rules unless a mod says so. We're all just having fun here.

Reactions: Jen

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I love it when someone resurrects an old thread. Let's face it - this forum is not the most popping on the Internet. If you get 10 notifications for the day, you done good. Having more to discuss with y'all is the highlight of my mornings! I don't mind y'all being a little naughty. haha

Top Bottom