• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible inspirations

Ikawaru

I still find it funny that just a decade prior to this Japan was dreaming of overtaking the US economy but their own economy tanked and suddenly Japanese became enamored with American culture. Resistance is futile seemed to be the memo that registered.

Many inspirations from American/Western sources, yes. Though unfortunately the politics of the game is outdated now*. Back then, being pro big pharma and big tech was considered a right wing/ libertarian viewpoint but during the Obama years big pharma/tech became suddenly a left wing viewpoint and corporate fascism suddenly became the ideal left wing position for some odd reason. I can't think of many major corporations these days that aren't Democratic party donors. Strange dichotomy going on 'round here.

*Which is why I've been a staunch proponent of the plot from 'Not a Hero', it is a perfect "Modern" 'Resident Evil' setting and I remain baffled as to why this particular plot and setting did not become the gold standard starting with RE7. Working for "Blue Umbrella" as a symbol of the new age corporate America to try and stop some illegal bioweapon producing syndicate matches todays politics almost perfectly. Instead Capcom decided to go with the idiotic Ethan Winters plotline that seemed way off course for the series.

Last edited:

Ridley Lockhart

I had seen Dredd years ago, didn't know about the 1995 Judge Dredd with Sly Stallone. Good movie.

And yeah i can't unsee the similarities now. The clones being like "The Ultimate Lifeform, Tyrant". Definitely Chris has some Stallone vibes and also his "Judge" uniform with the shoulder things show where they got Jill's STARS uniform idea. And that Dredd and Rico scene in Judge Dredd feels like the unveiling of the T-002 Tyrant from the OG RE1.

Top Bottom