• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Position of text makes game unplayable on dual monitors - any fixes?

themachinist

Hey folks,

I've really been looking forward to this game and there's a tiny niggle - that actually makes the game completely unplayable.

I'm on a dual monitor setup (32:9), which RE8 supports. Great! The bezels on my monitors are fairly thick, so I need to use bezel correction from the Nvidia control panel.

Here's the problem - all in-game text becomes unreadable (examining things, reading things). As it's all center aligned, the middle gets chopped off. Seems like a simple thing - I'm actually a little surprised no one thought of this and added an in-game option to change the way text is aligned. It's literally as simple as being able to display the text on the left or right, so you can read it. That would fix it.

I've tried just turning bezel correction off in the Nvidia control panel, but it's completely immersion-breaking for me. It looks like my character is drunk, or walking through a hall of mirrors.

Would anyone have any ideas? If I knew how to do it, I'd create a mod that finds that little string of text in the game's code. And change it to 'align left'.

Any help would be extremely welcome! As it stands, this has sadly made a £50 game unplayable.

Top Bottom