• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pokemon fans...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I haven't played Pokémon in a long time, the last I played was Sapphire. I used to be really into it though and I would like to get into it again.

Back when I played Pokémon Silver and Crystal (though I can't remember which one it was on since they're basically the same for this area), I found a shiny Magikarp in the area where you get the Red Gyarados. Of all the shinies to get, I got a gold Magikarp. :p

Last edited:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I look out for shinies, but I don't actively hunt for them.

The last shiny I saw was a shiny Rattata but I fainted it in one hit

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I never really actively look for Shiny pokemon. But I Have ran into a a few. A shiny Yanma in Fire Red, which I caught. And a Shiny Krickatune in Diamond or Pearl (Can't remember which cause I have both) which I also caught. Nintendo recently gave out a Shiny Raquaza, so that was cool, And my friend traded me a shiny Raiku once. That was nice of him lol.

Agent Spike

I ran into random shiny Pokemon 7 times.
1. Ponyta in Soul Silver. 2. The next day I found Teddiursa in the same game! 3. Woobat in Black 4. Sandshrew at the Safari Zone in Heart Gold (almost gave me a heart attack cause I thought she was gonna flee) 5. Pilipper in Ruby 6. Diglett in Fire Red and 7. Ditto in Fire Red.

Then the rest of my shinies I hunted them. Currently I'm hunting Slugma.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
This thread really makes me want to get back into Pokémon! I've skipped a few generations though... Does that matter or would I still pick it up?

Agent Spike

This thread really makes me want to get back into Pokémon! I've skipped a few generations though... Does that matter or would I still pick it up?

What gen did you stop at? and I don't think so, somethings have changed but nothing drastic.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The last one I played was Sapphire, so it was quite a while ago.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
If I would make a recommendation, it would be to pick up the remakes of Sapphire/Ruby. Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby for 3DS. Since they are full 3D remakes of the best generation with lots of new content!
Is it enough new content to make it worth buying, though? I was tempted to try and get Platinum or Black/White somewhere actually.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Is it enough new content to make it worth buying, though? I was tempted to try and get Platinum or Black/White somewhere actually.
The new content is endless...Absolutely worth Every penny. Most fans will all agree that Black/White are the worst in the series. 3DS Pokemon is the way to go...

Reactions: Jen

Lithium

My first Pokémon game was Diamond. I wanted to have Mightyena, but I didn't know that they only showed up after beating the champion. So I searched and searched... and found a shiny Ponyta :D
In Sapphire I caught a shiny Sudowoodo... I think.

Tried chaining for Shinys in Diamond, but it didn't work.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
My first Pokémon game was Diamond. I wanted to have Mightyena, but I didn't know that they only showed up after beating the champion. So I searched and searched... and found a shiny Ponyta :D
In Sapphire I caught a shiny Sudowoodo... I think.

Tried chaining for Shinys in Diamond, but it didn't work.
Chaining is REALLY hard to do...That's how I got the Krickitune...

Top Bottom