• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Please dear god, I cannot save Jill - Help!!

rjpare

I have read every single suggestion I can fin online. They do not seem to make any sense. After Wesker leaves [about 7 minutes in] I am supposed to rip that gem off of Jill's chest.. no matter what I try only two results:

1. Jill Dies from too much damage [even if I am only using knife]
2. Chris or Sheva dies

I am playing single player on PS3 controlling Chris. I am on medium level of difficulty. I have had Chris restrain Jill numerous times while Sheva fails to do anything terribly useful. I have had Sheva restrain Jill numerous times while Chris tries to tear off gem - end result is always Jill kicking us away and we are forced to re-engage.. either dying or killing Jill.

I am not a novice gamer... I have played pretty much every RES EVIL game - I simply cannot solve this #$%^@! boss battle. I don't get how some people post "oh just take the gem off of her chest" like it is EFFIN easy to do.

I am really close to just giving up... can anyone post advice - NOT ALREADY POSTED that will actually help me understand whatever bloody trick is necessary in order to win this fight?

rjpare

1. I have had the failed screen load [from Chris' death, Sheva or Jill] - 200 times already - no exaggeration... I am starting to doubt anyone can get past this stage..:(

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Best strategy imo is have ur partner Chris/Sheva restrain Jill, shoot the device on her chest then do a melee attack. If u repeat that like around 6 - 8 times (can't remember but it might take longer on harder difficulties), u will eventually see the device sparking, that's when u should try ripping it off.

Hope that helps.

rjpare

i will try - on one of my attempts I recall restraining Jill several times.. and never successfully ripping the gem off... I will keep at it - maybe my game has a bug.. I dunno...

rjpare

good gravy - just finally got past after hours and hours... I kept as healthy as possible and did the restrain/remove event 8 consecutive times...!! and then it pops off.. grr.. stupid level!

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Actually I never beat re5 on pro. But anything is easier than heaven or hell on dmc 3 xD

wanderer

battle master
pretty easy. i had no problems passing it. i'll tell u a strategy i use after i played through the game a few times.
----------
keeping your partner in cover mode and keeping a green herb or two in both your inventory should go without saying. give both your partner and yourself one strong weapon, magnum or rifle work goooood. dont have to worry so much about saving ammo, you can gain back ammo by upgrading your weapon capacity after your battle or replaying the chapter. bring some flash grenades if you want.

do the usual, walk circles around Jill, walk sideways (strafe). keep pressing action button. WAIT for stuff to happen. Chris should be a constant windbag here, and both Chris and Sheva should be trying to grab Jill. once you got some grabbing action happening the one who is not grabbing should be shooting the device, and melee throwing Jill to the floor.

HERE is where you DONT do the usual. DONT try to pull off the device while Jill is on the floor. just wait for her to get up and repeat blabbering grabbing shooting and throwing. do this about 4 or 5 times THEN you can try pulling it out.

trying to pull the device out while Jill is on the floor means you have to be ready to escape when Jill counters it. and from what i read, you usually get killed, that means you have trouble with her counter... that just means DONT try to pull it out while Jill is on the floor.

you should play with Jill on the bottom floor, you go upstairs you just have less places to hide if she starts shooting. if she starts shooting on the bottom floor you hide behind a rock pillar or chuck a flash grenade at her. if she tries running upstairs along the pillars for whatever reason you just run to the same side and stay under her, her bullets will only hit rocks....... so yeah keep your map displaying.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
pretty easy. i had no problems passing it. i'll tell u a strategy i use after i played through the game a few times.
----------
keeping your partner in cover mode and keeping a green herb or two in both your inventory should go without saying. give both your partner and yourself one strong weapon, magnum or rifle work goooood. dont have to worry so much about saving ammo, you can gain back ammo by upgrading your weapon capacity after your battle or replaying the chapter. bring some flash grenades if you want.

do the usual, walk circles around Jill, walk sideways (strafe). keep pressing action button. WAIT for stuff to happen. Chris should be a constant windbag here, and both Chris and Sheva should be trying to grab Jill. once you got some grabbing action happening the one who is not grabbing should be shooting the device, and melee throwing Jill to the floor.

HERE is where you DONT do the usual. DONT try to pull off the device while Jill is on the floor. just wait for her to get up and repeat blabbering grabbing shooting and throwing. do this about 4 or 5 times THEN you can try pulling it out.

trying to pull the device out while Jill is on the floor means you have to be ready to escape when Jill counters it. and from what i read, you usually get killed, that means you have trouble with her counter... that just means DONT try to pull it out while Jill is on the floor.

you should play with Jill on the bottom floor, you go upstairs you just have less places to hide if she starts shooting. if she starts shooting on the bottom floor you hide behind a rock pillar or chuck a flash grenade at her. if she tries running upstairs along the pillars for whatever reason you just run to the same side and stay under her, her bullets will only hit rocks....... so yeah keep your map displaying.

Most times when dealing with a hard fight in a game it's just a matter or restarting and trying the fight in a different way. Sometimes taking a break and going back to it later works too. No matter what, games aren't people. No matter the difficulty, something can be exploited. Just remember that next time you're stuck in a game.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
Tell me about it. First time I did it with the AI. I died 63 times...

I never made it that far. I got to the giant fight. (Can't remember what they called it in this game.) Then I got very angry. I had problems with it on vet and then that just got on my ****ing nerves. I

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
I just shot it off with the handgun. Run around in the main area and shoot it. Just be sure you don't miss. I got it first try this way.

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
I kept talking to her and when she hesitates, I run up to her, Sheva restrains her and I pull the device off. It takes a lot of tries, but eventually you do it.

Top Bottom