• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PLEASE answer these 2 questions!! (Code: Veronica and Nemesis)

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Hi guys... just need one more little bit of info from you to back up a point in my dissertation if you all don't mind!! Thanks to all who have helped out so far, you are amazing people and I wish I could post you all a beer (or some kind of non-alcoholic alternative for the minors) :) You've really helped to improve my work and created some great points for discussion.

BE AWARE THAT THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR DARKSIDE CHRONICLES, CODE: VERONICA, RE3 AND RE APOCALYPSE.

Just to back up my chapter on RE and rifts in the fan community (fans of classic games vs fans of post-RE4 games, fans of games vs fans of films etc), please could you answer these two questions for me? ONLY ANSWER IF YOU DON'T MIND BEING QUOTED IN MY WORK:

1) In Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, does the plot change from Resident Evil CODE: Veronica regarding Alfred Ashford's fate anger/irritate you? What did you think of it?

2) In Resident Evil: Apocalypse (movie), what did you feel about the change in the Nemesis T-Type (instead of being a relentless, mysterious killing machine in the games he became an ally to Alice at the end of the film as he had flashbacks of their friendship before he became the Nemesis)?
xxx

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I honestly can't answer the second one as I never completely saw Apocalypse, just caught glimpses of it on TV, but I can definitely answer the first one.

Yes it irritated me, it irritated me a lot.

The changes made to the Darkside Chronicles, while not changing Alfred terribly - changing him for the better, actually, making him seem more formidable - the changes made to Alexia were awful. The way I saw it in Code Veronica, Alfred and Alexia were an answer to the sibling relationship that we saw in Claire and Chris. The entire concept was Ashford siblings vs Redfield siblings - the Darkside Chronicles lost that element and made it seem more like Alexia Ashford: HBIC against the world. Having her kill Alfred because she was angry with him changed their dynamic and her reasoning for pursuing Chris, Claire and Steve; in my opinion, it changed the entire second half of the game.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Thank you both for your kind responses!

I honestly can't answer the second one as I never completely saw Apocalypse, just caught glimpses of it on TV, but I can definitely answer the first one.

Yes it irritated me, it irritated me a lot.

The changes made to the Darkside Chronicles, while not changing Alfred terribly - changing him for the better, actually, making him seem more formidable - the changes made to Alexia were awful. The way I saw it in Code Veronica, Alfred and Alexia were an answer to the sibling relationship that we saw in Claire and Chris. The entire concept was Ashford siblings vs Redfield siblings - the Darkside Chronicles lost that element and made it seem more like Alexia Ashford: HBIC against the world. Having her kill Alfred because she was angry with him changed their dynamic and her reasoning for pursuing Chris, Claire and Steve; in my opinion, it changed the entire second half of the game.

Can I PM you regarding this response? I think you have a limit on who may view your profile. How can I PM you?

:) xxx

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I felt annoyed about Nemesis being changed into some sort of ally.

When the concept for Nemesis was first conceived, I got the idea that he is an evil killing machine bent on the destruction of the S.T.A.R.S. force and any other apparent threats.

So, when his character is altered in Apocalypse, I felt that it was an awful and entirely pointless change that shouldn't have taken place, as it did nothing but have the character acting out-of character and served as a misrepresentation of what the character was envisioned to be.

Nemesis isn't a guardian Angel. He isn't a bodyguard for surviving civillians. He's a predator on a murderous conquest for S.T.A.R.S. members.

Nemesis was shown out-of-character, and therefor gave newcomers the wrong impression on who the character was, what side he fought for and what he was all about.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think both were done well...I think that Alexia killing Alfred made her the ultimate villainous, on par with Albert Wesker's role as a male antagonist...In my opinion it REALLY make her character more deep...

I also think that giving Nemesis a heart at the end was a great idea...If it were an exact copy of RE3, with Nemesis chasing Jill I'd disagree, but in this the character had a different purpose, therefore can be used differently...Also, since the series are in COMPLETELY separate cannons, it's nice to see the characters used in different ways...

Top Bottom