• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Please answer/share my Resident Evil fandom survey!

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9CDDLRX

Please respond/share, I will love you forever!! Thank you!! The questions are not intended to be offensive in any way, they were inspired by points raised in various books such as Adoring Audience: Fan Culture and Popular Media (edited by Lisa A Lewis).

xxx

aoshi

I have posted my answers. How is this survey gonna determine response automatically? Are you gonna manually read every answer on the survey? You might hit a hundred responses from the survey.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I have posted my answers. How is this survey gonna determine response automatically? Are you gonna manually read every answer on the survey? You might hit a hundred responses from the survey.

Basically, all these questions were inspired by work I have read on fandom and fan culture. My dissertation is regarding Resident Evil and fan participation (I'll post it here when it's done in April!), it's 10,000 words (I'm about 3,000 words in at the moment). I have a chapter on fan produced media (fan-art, fan-fic, fan-film, cosplay etc) - this includes how media is not really owned by companies but how the public takes ownership and makes its own media; a chapter on how Capcom has embraced and used fan culture to promote more Resident Evil media (e.g. Inserted Evil ARG, The Darkside Chronicles Twitter campaign and London zombie walk) - this also includes how fans have created a mass collective intelligence - and a chapter on fan division within the universe of Resident Evil, as I have found some fans actually never play the games and watch the movies, and there are many who hate the movies and prefer the games etc.

The survey was created in accordance with my research, and I was hoping to quote some of the survey answers to back up quotes so I have real 'evidence' from the fans.

Thank you for taking part!! Please pass it on!!

Top Bottom