• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Plase help. Bug on remake of RE for Gamecube [SPOILER]

Residentin

Hi, sorry for my poor english. I'm from Spain.

I need help to clarify something that happens to me while playing Resident Evil Remake for Gamecube (PAL version, England).

I have to check out the ending of the game in Youtube. Because I think my ending is or a bug or something I did wrong.

In youtube I saw the final with my character Chris and it's to different of mine...

I go up in the elevator to the heliport.

Once in the heliport, I ignite the flares. Then the helicopters arrives, and take me and jill out. Nothing more.

While we are flying in the helicopter there is a scene of the mansion, and nothing more. Then there is another scene where I see a blink of the tyrant eye.

But the final in youtube, I saw that when you go up in the elevator, there start the countdown advising you of the explosion.

Once you are in the heliport, the tyrant appears and you have to fight with him. Then when you escape in the helicpoter, you see the mansion explodes!

But none of this happened to me?

It's a bug of the game or it's something I do in the game while playing? I mean taking a bad choice or something.

Once again sorry for my poor English.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
You need to save Rebecca if you're playing as Chris, and you need to save Barry if you're playing as Jill to get that ending. For Chris, Rebecca activates the self-destruct for the mansion and for Jill, Wesker escapes being killed by the Tyrant and activates the self-destruct if Barry is alive.

For the best ending, try to save both Jill and Rebecca if playing as Chris, and try to save Chris and Barry if playing as Jill.

So no bug, just a different ending.

Residentin

Thank you so mucho for the answer.

then I have to save Rebecca? But If my memory doesn't fail me, saving her it's about the middle of the game when you return and the manor is infested with Hunters, and while you are exploring one room, you hear rebecca's shouts. No¿

What I do not really understand is that despite you save one or another.... why you can't fight with the tyrant at the heliport???

That's really awfull. It's like there is no final boss. bitterwseet sensation.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Yep, you save Rebecca after you get the key for Spencer's office. After you hear her scream, run upstairs to the library where you found the dog whistle and kill the Hunter there to save her.

I'm not really sure why the Tyrant doesn't attack if the self-destruct hasn't been activated, but I think it's supposed to be a bittersweet ending: You escaped, but the mansion is still standing and the Tyrant is still alive.

Residentin

Yeah I supposed that too about the ending. At least it's my sensation after playing the game.

Thank you so much for your answers.

I will have to play it again.

Top Bottom