• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Outbreak

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So I was thinking about getting one of the Outbreak games and I was wondering which one people recommend? How is the gameplay for both games? Is one more like the original RE games in terms of game play and camera angle than the other? (Cause the camera angles in the newer ones gives me headaches and I really don't want to waste money on something I won't be able to play anyway.)

Any help would be appreciated. :blush:

RichardB

Premium
Are you talking about for the PS2?

I never could get into them on my old PS2.

Seemed to never be easy to control the players.

Mr Sunshine

First of all I have to warn you about these two games as there are a few differences with previous titles. They were meant to be online which means that there isn't a single plot, but 5 different mini scenarios in each one. Inventory is real time and since you can't play online the AI can be annoying.. Apart from that they are pretty much the same.

I haven't played file 2 but from what I've read the loading times are reduced, you have the capability to walk and shoot and the abilities of some characters are changed. There aren't many important changes in terms of gameplay actually.

I see that you haven't played RE 3 Nemesis though. I would recommend you to buy this one if you are looking for something more original.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
My brother used to own Nemesis but he traded it before I could play it, I've been trying to find it ever since but it's been really hard. (Especially since my local game shops have stopped selling games that were made for playstation.)

I appreciate the input, though. Thanks guys. :D

EDIT: After some internal debating, I got the first one when I saw it on my shopping trip yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for all the information guys. :D

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I haven't played any of the outbreak games for a long time, but the best that I can rember that I do like them.

You can choose between to play as one of 8 or 6 survivors and then you have to choose 2 more survivors as the AI. The bad thing about the AI is that they will constantly run off and be attack, they won't come help you, and they will constantly disagree with you alot. Each survivor has a unique item or ability to, like Cindy has a herb box so you store herbs, Yoko has a backpack so you can store more items, Kevin starts with a gun and has a high chance of killing a zombie by a headshot, Alyssa has lockpicks so you can pick locks, and George has a pill gun so you can shoot your partners and heal them. As for even more gameplay to add, the game will give you an instant death by some monsters, like zombies can pull you out the window, alligators can come by and snatch you, and more.

judled

thought #1 had better locations and #2 had better, kinda new things if ya know what i mean, a bunch of little things made the difference. oh and #2 had the police station whitch was like the only good location really

Mr Sunshine

A friend of mine come to my house the other day and he left me his ps2.. So I tried Outbreak #1 again only to remember why I don't like that much this game. The AI is horrible and the infection rate really puts pressure on me. After a few tries I got used to it though and now I've just completed the below freezing point scenario on normal with Kevin Redfield.

Btw, how exactly do I take pot shots? After his stance changes or while it changes?

Top Bottom