• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Outbreak Remake

RipvanX

iewbgq64ib161.png

I think now is the best time for Capcom to revisit the concept of what made the Outbreak games so special and bring them back with modern controls. We definitely do not have enough coop RE games like Outbreak. Here we can discuss any changes you would want in a remake/file #3, news about the possibility of this ever happening, and what new scenarios you would like to see.

It’s appalling to see multiplayer titles like Umbrella Corps and REVerse being greenlit when Capcom won’t even bat an eye at Outbreak. Resistance sort of had the right idea but was poorly executed and didn’t even fit into the canon at all. This would be a huge wasted opportunity to never return to Outbreak titles, they DESERVE another chance. What is everyone’s thoughts?

Here’s some fan made screenshots of what it could look like..

EuRas4UVIAYC_7T

Last edited:

Ikawaru

Personally, I've never cared for Outbreak but never a problem with those who did and you are absolutely right about Resistance, when I first launched the tutorial it made me anticipate a fantastic multiplayer game and then when I started playing it I'm like "WTF is this?".

I think Capcom needs to get their priorities straight on the series in general on gameplay, plot, etc because both their single player and multiplayer offerings lately have left a lot to be desired so if/when they make the series more RE again there's certainly room for a broad spectrum of many other offerings like offshoots and muliplayer projects like an Outbreak reboot.

RipvanX

Personally, I've never cared for Outbreak but never a problem with those who did and you are absolutely right about Resistance, when I first launched the tutorial it made me anticipate a fantastic multiplayer game and then when I started playing it I'm like "WTF is this?".

I think Capcom needs to get their priorities straight on the series in general on gameplay, plot, etc because both their single player and multiplayer offerings lately have left a lot to be desired so if/when they make the series more RE again there's certainly room for a broad spectrum of many other offerings like offshoots and muliplayer projects like an Outbreak reboot.
Outbreak was great, especially if you had the means to play online when the servers were around in the mid 2000’s. They provided a unique dynamic when it came to surviving and the characters were memorable. They should of released them on PS3 when online was more prominent; gaming back then was still very much couch coop. Hell the game didn’t even have online support in certain regions! The amount of content these games have also rival most other RE games to date.

Last edited:

Ikawaru

They should of released on PS3 instead I feel they would have been been much more successful, they were ahead of their time. The amount of content these games have also rival most other RE games to date.

You are probably right about that, the technical limitations seemed glaring at the time and that could have been a contributing factor to my indifference (That, and the fact that I never even owned a PS2, was far more into REmake and Zero at that time period).

Top Bottom