• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Other zombie-themed games you enjoy

HookerZombie

What are some other games about zombies that you enjoy besides Resident Evil?

I like Siren, Siren Blood Curse, House of the Dead Overkill, Lone Survivor, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, and the Silent Hill games (the recurring nurse monsters are kinda zombieish).

Edit: And CarnEvil

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Hmm, I'm really picky when it comes to post-apocalyptic games, this case zombies...
My favorite ones are, don't mind order of the games; The Last of Us(2 probably will be too)
Typing of the Dead, Left 4 Dead, State of Decay(probably will like 2nd also)The Walking Dead Survival Instinct
Project Zomboid, Dead State, ZombiU, 7 Days to Die and The Walking Dead Telltale series s1-s3

It's really hard to find good Survival Zombie game, there's not much out there...
I don't really play any other genre except Horror and Survival

oh and one more called "Land of the Dead; Road to fiddler's Greene...not the best one, but I liked the scary atmosphere in the game, it's old bit, but great

HookerZombie

Yeah I agree it's a genre that's hard to find new games for.

I myself only really play true survival horror games and I like everything from zombies (resident evil) to ghosts (fatal frame) to crazy killers (haunting ground).

I also like some open world games like Ocarina of Time, Yakuza 4, and Fallout 3 but I don't have much time anymore to play those games all the way through.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Deadly Premonition. It's a bizarre and inconsistent mess of a game... but it's still weirdly enjoyable. Not in a "It's a guilty pleasure" kinda way, but in a "The controls suck, the voice acting is terrible, the plot makes no sense whatsoever and it's ugly as sin; so why the f*** am I enjoying it?!" way.

HookerZombie

Deadly Premonition. It's a bizarre and inconsistent mess of a game... but it's still weirdly enjoyable. Not in a "It's a guilty pleasure" kinda way, but in a "The controls suck, the voice acting is terrible, the plot makes no sense whatsoever and it's ugly as sin; so why the f*** am I enjoying it?!" way.

So basically the same reason that the very first Resident Evil game for psone was so enjoyable? I'll have to give it a try. :D

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
So basically the same reason that the very first Resident Evil game for psone was so enjoyable? I'll have to give it a try. :D

Even more so. It's like Twin Peaks meets The X-Files, on an acid trip, in Silent Hill, via Alan Wake, with the Winchester brothers from Supernatural as your tour guides. Absolutely bats**t insane. And that's just the story!

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I like telltales the walking dead, and I like dead island. Other than those, I'm not a huge fan of a lot of zombie games. Too many make it more action and not enough survival horror.

HookerZombie

I recently got into Deadly Premonition and it's ok as a zombie game. Kind of reminds me of Silent Hill mixed with Resident Evil 4's style of gameplay.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The very first Dead Rising was pretty damn amazing! I also loved ZombiU, and not the ****ty port version on PS4/XBO. You gotta play the Wii U version since it has a lot of survival aspects that require the touchpad. For example it removes the HUD to make the experience more immersive and realistic. It also functions as a motion detector and a backback. There's no pausing the game, no breaks, no breathers. It's all pure survival. There's also a one life mode, in the standard difficulty setting if you die you lose ALL your gear, weapons, upgrades etc, but your progress remains the same. You'll play as a new random survivor and you got to go find your old Zombified self to collect your gear back, but if you die along the way it'll be gone forever. You can also see other random peoples Zombies if you're connected online and get loot from their corpses. The story is rather interesting as it takes place in London and you read old letters from John Dee and stuff. It's really cool. The nursery is also a legitimately creepy portion of the game that apparently scared people ****less.

I also of course loved "The Last of Us" but both those are fungus Zombies. "Days Gone" Is shaping up to look like an amazing game. It's got a bit of a Dead Rising meets The Last of Us flair to it. That pretty much sums up Zombie games unless you want to count stuff like "Lollipop Chainsaw" which is totally ****ing awesome! ;)

Alan Wake is a great game btw, it's not a Zombie game but it has it's fair share of paranormal stuff. I don't really recommend playing the DLC though. I found it really ruined the story of the core game and actually hurt my experienced and made me care less for any sequels. The main game itself is fantastic and is a must play for any horror fan; just avoid the DLC like the plague.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Alan Wake is a great game btw, it's not a Zombie game but it has it's fair share of paranormal stuff. I don't really recommend playing the DLC though. I found it really ruined the story of the core game and actually hurt my experienced and made me care less for any sequels. The main game itself is fantastic and is a must play for any horror fan; just avoid the DLC like the plague.

The DLC was great.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
The Last of Us, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, House of the Dead (all games are good in their own right), Zombie Revenge, Dead Rising 1-3 (I heard 4 sucked).

I'm avoiding Metal Gear Survive like the goddamn plague (I'm still completely mindf*cked that Konami came up with this in order to win back fan's trust, el oh f*cking el). If I wanted survival zombie co-op, I'd just play RE5 or either of the L4D games, those games already do it a dozen times better, thankyouverymuch.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Zombie games? Well I like TloU, Killing Floor 2, Black Ops Zombies & Dying Light. Actually they're releasing a bunch of free dlc for Dying Light over the next year so I'll be getting back into that.

And does Dead Space count? I know necromorphs are technically aliens, not zombies but it's close enough :p

Last edited:

HookerZombie

Zombie games? Well I like TloU, Killing Floor 2, Black Ops Zombies & Dying Light. Actually they're releasing a bunch of free dlc for Dying Light over the next year so I'll be getting back into that.

And does Dead Space count? I know necromorphs are technically aliens, not zombies but it's close enough :p
Hey I think they can count as long as they look undead. :) I consider the word 'zombie' to be a very loose term that can describe all kinds of things. Hell I even consider the Ganado in RE4 and 5 to be zombies.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Hey I think they can count as long as they look undead. :) I consider the word 'zombie' to be a very loose term that can describe all kinds of things. Hell I even consider the Ganado in RE4 and 5 to be zombies.

Then I'd be here all day listing awesome games lmao! Does the game always need to give a horror vibe? I mean tons of that stuff are in games with medieval settings and not an ounce of horror. Also lots of gothic styled games. Bloodborne is ****ing A+ as far as more recent stuff goes. Past generations have a lot more though.

HookerZombie

Then I'd be here all day listing awesome games lmao! Does the game always need to give a horror vibe? I mean tons of that stuff are in games with medieval settings and not an ounce of horror. Also lots of gothic styled games. Bloodborne is ****ing A+ as far as more recent stuff goes. Past generations have a lot more though.
I think it's better when it has a horror vibe but it doesn't necessarily have to. For example Elder Scrolls often has zombies and it's not a horror game.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I think it's better when it has a horror vibe but it doesn't necessarily have to. For example Elder Scrolls often has zombies and it's not a horror game.

True! Actually the original Mass Effect trilogy does some really cool **** with the Reapers and have some zombie creatures named Husks. The game takes a lot of inspiration of Lovecraftian themes, even a mission where a company kind of engages in bio-terrorism in the 3rd game. It's really great and those games actually have some influences from the Resident Evil games. The 2nd game studied RE4 a lot during it's development. If you haven't played those yet then you should. They aren't straight up horrors as they are a Sci-Fi action adventure RPG... but damn they take a lot of horror themes and make them work. One of the DLC's for actually starts off as a horror which was really cool minus that it kind of retconned a big part of the game.

HookerZombie

True! Actually the original Mass Effect trilogy does some really cool **** with the Reapers and have some zombie creatures named Husks. The game takes a lot of inspiration of Lovecraftian themes, even a mission where a company kind of engages in bio-terrorism in the 3rd game. It's really great and those games actually have some influences from the Resident Evil games. The 2nd game studied RE4 a lot during it's development. If you haven't played those yet then you should. They aren't straight up horrors as they are a Sci-Fi action adventure RPG... but damn they take a lot of horror themes and make them work. One of the DLC's for actually starts off as a horror which was really cool minus that it kind of retconned a big part of the game.
I nevet really thought to give Mass Effect a try because aliens and spaceships just don't appeal to me. But I love horror stories inspired by H.P. Lovecraft (even though ive never read any of his actual stories). The Siren games are heavily inspired by his works and I can see the influences in Resident Evil 4 aswell (primitive village in the middle of nowhere with a strange cult and monsterous townsfolk).

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I nevet really thought to give Mass Effect a try because aliens and spaceships just don't appeal to me. But I love horror stories inspired by H.P. Lovecraft (even though ive never read any of his actual stories). The Siren games are heavily inspired by his works and I can see the influences in Resident Evil 4 aswell (primitive village in the middle of nowhere with a strange cult and monsterous townsfolk).

Well there is plenty of that as well; but there's also a lot of things that likely will appeal to you. Though the main theme of the game does go in with Organics (Biological life) and Synthetics (Technological life and/or technology) but those very much do tie into Lovecraftian views and even at one point plays a nice trick on the player where they are presented with a choice where they can fall to their "fear of the unknown" "Lovecraftian philosophy" or embrace it and overcome it. This is something I really deeply appreciate about that series and it's quite surprising to so how many people actually let their fears get ahold of them and control their decisions at a certain part of the game. Even BioWare was surprised :p I'm not going to spoil anything but weaves in an out of the game and there are lots of scenes that attempt to provoke fear and terror in the player or provoke them to feel angry.

There's tons of games and/or Sci-Fi films that have horror or even bio-terrorism in space. Alien Covenant and Metroid: Other M are two prime examples of Bio-Terrorism in space. For horror in space there's the game Dead Space which is okay and the movie "Sunshine" is actually really quite good and has a great cast.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2 (and Off the Record), The Last of Us, Dead Island (and Riptide) and TellTale's The Walking Dead (season 1. I lost interest in season 2 and never bothered with 3). I'm still looking to play ZombiU and Dying Light at some point. I'm always looking for zombie games to play

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I was gonna mention Mass Effect. And in the 3rd game whenever I heard a banshee scream I was like "oh ****" xD

Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2 (and Off the Record), The Last of Us, Dead Island (and Riptide) and TellTale's The Walking Dead (season 1. I lost interest in season 2 and never bothered with 3). I'm still looking to play ZombiU and Dying Light at some point. I'm always looking for zombie games to play
Well if you like Dead Island then you will love Dying Light.

Top Bottom