• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City ORC Special Edition on Amazon sold-out?

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I've had my copy pre-ordered for a while. One day I noticed the item is no longer available for purchase, and now I'm reading that it was sold out? I also see the price is $10 less than what I ordered it as now. But I don't see release day shipping on my order... Expected delivery is March 23rd, and if I will have to wait, I'd rather lose out of the $10 discount and buy the standard edition to get it on the 20th. Is anyone else having this problem?

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
sold out on amazon, in gamestop it still has to order, im going to pre order my especial edition from gamestop ^^

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
No release-date shipping for me though. :( I sent Amazon an email, and the rep upgraded my shipping to 1-day for free, but I was told the expected delivery date is still December 22nd on my order. I don't know if i should forget the discount or what. I might even opt to get the standard edition; it's not like the LE will come with anything truly game-breaking.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Aww, that's terrible! I ended up canceling my pre-order for the SE (or LE... whatever it is). Sacrificing Day 1 play is not worth all the extras, even if they're free. My biggest regret about Outbreak is that I didn't get to play on Day 1.

Vladmir Bodrovski

Aww, that's terrible! I ended up canceling my pre-order for the SE (or LE... whatever it is). Sacrificing Day 1 play is not worth all the extras, even if they're free. My biggest regret about Outbreak is that I didn't get to play on Day 1.

I know, right? And another difficuilty for me is not spoiling myself on the stories through youtube....

But they confermed it's coming on friday. At least the weekend would be good, but from now on I'm buying from amazon.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I was of the impression that Amazon would drop the price of pre-orders for customers, if they were decreased ahead of release. Whenever I've ordered anything through Amazon UK and the price has dipped during the run up to release, my pricing was automatically lowered to reflect the new price.

Edit: just checked - this is still definitely the case with Amazon UK. I would have been certain that Amazon's US branch would have adopted the exact same policy.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I was of the impression that Amazon would drop the price of pre-orders for customers, if they were decreased ahead of release. Whenever I've ordered anything through Amazon UK and the price has dipped during the run up to release, my pricing was automatically lowered to reflect the new price.

Edit: just checked - this is still definitely the case with Amazon UK. I would have been certain that Amazon's US branch would have adopted the exact same policy.
Yeah. I sent an email to the customer service department, and a rep told they sold out of the $10 off LE edition 2 days after they made it available (in America at least), which applies to pre-orders, and because of that, they could not guarantee release-date shipping on the LE. She even upgraded my shipping to 1-day for free, but I still cancelled for the standard edition. I want to play on March 20th (in the US). I know, I'm crazy. >_>

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I ordered Twisted metal from gamestop and it STILL hasn't arrived yet. Not gonna buy from that place anymore/
When was it supposed to be there for you that it's not getting there until tomorrow?

This makes me worried because I really want to play ORC on March 20 and, if my mom did pre-order it for my birthday, this would be where she pre-ordered it from... I've honestly never pre-ordered a video game in my life, always having been content to simply wait until it's been out a while and the price goes down and this is making me re-think the whole thing...

Vladmir Bodrovski

When was it supposed to be there for you that it's not getting there until tomorrow?

This makes me worried because I really want to play ORC on March 20 and, if my mom did pre-order it for my birthday, this would be where she pre-ordered it from... I've honestly never pre-ordered a video game in my life, always having been content to simply wait until it's been out a while and the price goes down and this is making me re-think the whole thing...

I was supposed to get it on feb 14, Twisted metal's release date. I hope you get it on march 20, Maggie. :(

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
That kind of stinks but, at least you're getting it the same week - though I know that's not much of a consolation...:(

Thanks, so do I. :)

VeCtOr

i send a email to gamestop asking how much time it would take to the destinatino when it releases if they say it too much time ill buy the normal version in amazon =/

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Been delayed to monday...
I have new information on GameStop pre-orders since this was my birthday present - I'm absolutely giddy with excitement. :D My reciept says that GameStop pre-orders, and I'm assuming this means all and is a company policy for all GameStops - are held for 48 hours after release, which means that you won't get the pre-order until 48 hours after it's been released. Hope this helps with any and all current and future GameStop pre-order issues.

VeCtOr

I have new information on GameStop pre-orders since this was my birthday present - I'm absolutely giddy with excitement. :D My reciept says that GameStop pre-orders, and I'm assuming this means all and is a company policy for all GameStops - are held for 48 hours after release, which means that you won't get the pre-order until 48 hours after it's been released. Hope this helps with any and all current and future GameStop pre-order issues.

so they start shipping the game 2 days after the release?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I guess; it doesn't make any sense to me but that's what the receipt says. *shrugs* It's worth it to me, especially since I'll be working the actual day it comes out and I'll be off when my 48 hours is up.

VeCtOr

im just worried because my uncle is going to bring the game to me, but he wont be long in the US lol

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
GameStop usually receives shipments of games days before they are released but can't legally put them up until the day the game is set to release, and sometimes when a game is highly anticipated, GameStop will have a midnight release, where the game can be picked up at mindnight ( they did this for RE5, but I doubt they will for ORC). This is for in-store pick-up though; I don't know how online orders work. Personally, I like Amazon best. I have Prime shipping, and I get release-date shipping to my house for free. :D I haven't had any problems with either GameStop or Amazon for pre-orders, even though I've always lived in smaller cities. I think y'all will be fine, but give 'em hell if you run into any trouble!

VeCtOr

well the thing is i live in Ecuador lol and as i told above my uncle that is going to be in US is the one who will bring me the game xD so i am worried if they ship it but its too late and my uncle returns to Ecuador

Top Bottom