• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Opinion on Not A Hero DLC?

WeskerLives2015

I completed the Not A Hero DLC yesterday. Although I wish it would have been longer, I enjoyed it personally. What did you all think about it?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Gameplay wise:

I thought it was funner to play than the main story, the controls seemed better and had a few more mechanics which I wish they could have expanded out a little more. (oh no this room is dark and I need night vision, at least there's a pair of night vision goggles right here)

Story wise:

What story? This was more of a overtime mode for the main story and just had the character Chris redfield in for the sake of inserting a character from the past.
This didn't really give any worthwhile Chris story and also didn't really give much else to lucas except that he's a serial arsehole (shocking)

Length:

It took I think just under 2 hours for me to complete with a couple of deaths. I think it could have been a bit longer though to make the new mechanics a bit worthwhile.

Enemy variations:
Though there was practically two enemies only, there was a nice amount of different molded variations and a boss. I think this dlc has more enemies than the main game

New items:
Chris had access to a Shotgun, Handgun and different nades.
All of these excluding the hand grenades felt powerful (Shotgun was sexy and devastating af) I had to use alot of grenades though more so for the purpose of keeping the barrage of enemies away from me, especially when mixed with one of the new white molded (which can't be damaged without the use of new ramrod rounds) the hand grenades didn't seem very powerful so I mainly used these for secondary stun grenades.
Oh he also had a flippy knife which was fun to flip, didn't do much damage but flips!

Verdict:
If this came out when originally planned when the game was still fresh I would have given this a pretty neat score, but I think the delayed delay has affected the appeal so I think I'd give it a 6/10. Mostly for the gameplay, the fact it's '' chris'' didn't really do much for me since I'm still sort of like "why?"

Last edited:

Cure Zombrex

This particular DLC was free, so I guess we shouldn't gripe about it too much. Chris being in the game (DLC or not) was also rather random too. It looks nothing like him at all, so they could have just as easily used a new soldier character working with the Blue Umbrella squadron, and it felt like a cheap way to connect 7 to the rest of the series, so it felt like it "belonged" in the saga.

In general, we got a very odd mix of DLC. "End of Zoe" was kind of fun, but very unusual for a horror game in that you (mostly) just fight. It made the enemies look like pussies in comparison to the earlier games where you'd be sweating buckets if just four or five zombies cornered you in a narrow hallway. The other DLC apart from the one where you play Zoe before the outbreak was brief, but good. However, the rest of the DLC was not that impressive.

Zvark

I dig it. I wish you could unlock some of these weapons & ammo in the main game. I agree it's more fun than the main game in some ways. (SPOILER) And who did Chris get a message from at the end?

mert20004

Not a big fan of it just like the main game. Imo; it feels like poor man's chris campaign from re6; the melee and combat are huge step down. Blue umbrella is stupid, what were they doing during the events of re5 and re6? They were founded in 2007 and yet didnt participate at all in re5 and re6? Not to mention; ı dont see how people are fine with a good anti-bioterrorism organization that uses umbrella's name despite the neo-umbrella bioterrorism organization using umbrella's name to spread fear. There was no need for this; the members should have been part of the bsaa. I mean they are still reckless like bsaa so what's the point? The game doesnt really answer that much about this organization. Not to mention; ı dont see why blue umbrella didnt give chris a fully upgraded gas mask, instead ı had to do a stupid fetch quest to obtain the parts.

I had more fun with end of zoe than this.

jackbaker877

It was one of my lesser favorites of the DLC's, I really liked End Of Zoe the most because it shows what happens to Zoe. The ending of resident evil 7 doesn't give too much away on Zoe's ultimate fate, so the DLC is appreciated lol

Top Bottom