• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

O.G 1996 FF7 PSX - Side Bosses Fight (Ruby Weapon)

1995umk3

I just defeated Ruby Weapon (screenshot below) No Cheats. No Savestates. Just rare materia. Emerald weapon was waay more harder for me, he takes 2 turns sometimes and seems faster then ruby weapon.

A little story - I first got FF7 for ps1 in 1998 or 1997, I remember fighting these bosses over and over and never got to beat them. Since the internet didn't have much information back then... I thought these side bosses where not ment to be beaten.

Years later youtube launched in 2005 and I saw people beating these bosses.. but I was long gone from any interest in any RPG at this time. Like big time lol well except maybe diablo 2 L.O.D.

But with the remake out now... might as well finish what I started many many years ago.

FF7.png

Awebb

I found Emerald easier, because it's just a DPS/heal battle, while Ruby actually required strategy.

1995umk3

It wasn't my own set-up.. I stole someones idea. It will take long to get this setup (I have 99:59:59) total time on my FF7 file, I know its MUCH more then that.. waay more tbh. The total amount of gil I have is glitched too... there is a symbol before the numbers like #$%99834838348

Ok, The stolen idea set-up:

First you need to get the mime materia around where yuffie lives (need a gold chocobo to get to that place around the mountains) . Go to the bottom of the northern cave in Disc 3 where sephiroth is, somewhere in that place there is a swamp like area thats light brown.

Orange/red like bouncing balls appear there (rarely) but give so much AP more then the magic pots to master materia. I think they give you 800 AP each time. You will need to have K.O.T.R & Hades At least on 2 stars so you can use it one more time.

- Ruby Weapon -

This is all you have to do:

Have K.O.T.R & Hades At least on 2 stars so you can use it one more time (VERY IMPORTANT!)

- Before battle starts, have 2 party members KO'd and one left with the following materia: (Knights Of The Round)Connected-To(HP Absorb) Mime, Hades,HP Plus to have HP at 9999, and that one materia that gives you haste.. "Time" and w-summon.

***Have Two Members KO'ed before battle starts prevent Ruby Weapon from putting random party members in the swirl sand***

-At the beginning use W-Summon Hades&K.O.T.R which Ruby weapon will be frozen for a while after you casted hades.

-Cast haste from the Time materia, then use W-Summon again with Hades&K.O.T.R (this is where you need those 2 stars on hades and K.O.T.R)

-After that wait for him to recover but at the same time put that hand curser pointy thing already set on MIME as soon as you see ruby not frozen anymore use MIME

-And just repeat the whole thing using mime, you will heal after K.O.T.R is done if you have HP Absorb next to it. ( * ) = ( * ) Like this.

My K.O.T.R was only dealing 7k on ruby but it healed me 7k so it was all good.

This one is super gauranteed, the guy I stole it from on youtube didn't use haste... but it wasn't gauranteed as I did die once.

Last edited:

Awebb

Yes, W-Summon Hades + Kotor, Hades stunnes Ruby. Throw in Hero drinks (4 per character). It's faster with no dead chars. Mime, repeat.

1995umk3

Whats the DSP thing?? for emerald weapon i just master the mime materia 2 times so everyone has it. I also make shure everybody has no other materia except 1-2 HP Plus's,mime, one person with underwater materia too so no timer.

Aire Tan Storm doesn't destroy you in 1 hit since its based on how much materia each person is carrying.

Well Im really glad i defeated these bosses.. if the FF7remake didn't come out i don't think i would have dug up this game from the grave and try it again. From 1997-2020 it took that long to beat these freakin bosses!

Not that I will play FF7remake btw... i like originality stuff.

Edit: i actually used Big Gaurd from the enemy skill materia so i don't know if its guaranteed on Haste or hero drinks... you will have to test this one as I don't know if the speed increase thing wears out.

Last edited:

1995umk3

Bump but useful tip:

Emerald Weapon all steps from beginning to end (Another side boss like Ruby Weapon)

- Remove all materia from all party members.

-One member has W-Summon and K.O.T.R with 2 stars or more connected to HP Absorb so everytime you cast K.O.T.R it will heal you making emeralds attacks have no effect. 1-2HP Plus's ONLY! (Maxed... so you need level 99 for this fight.. you can't risk carrying anymore materia because that Aire Tan Storm will KO everybody if you carry too much materia. He won't be able to use it on you if you are fast. And finally Mime materia and underwater materia so that timer is gone.

-Another member with mime, 1-2 HP Plus's and thats it.

-Last member with mime, 1-2Hp Plus's and thats it.

Step 1: The member with W-Summon and K.O.T.R goes first and casts K.O.T.R two times.

Step 2: whoever goes second casts mime.

Step 3: 3rd person casts mime.

Step 4: Back to the person with W-Summon and K.O.T.R... this time he casts mime. And the same to the rest again.

Once everybody uses mime twice 2 emerald weapon is defeated. Master the mime materia at that place where Sephiroth is once again at the bottom of the nothern cave, swamp area thats light brown. The Orange/Red bouncing balls will get you're mime mastered two times in no time.

~Share to you're fellow R.E fans who are also F.F7 fans~

Last edited:

Awebb

Emerald Weapon can be beaten with conventional combat strategies. There is no need to watch kotor 8 times. It's a DPS battle (damage per second), because all you need to do is deal loads of damage fast without worrying about anything in particular but buffering or healing the damage you receive. Ruby, on the other hand, can easily remove a character with a combat role from the game, so you need an actual strategy.

My first time around, I beat Emerald in those 20 minutes, because I didn't know materia that stops the timer existed. No elaborate setup was required, just brute force and good heal.

Ultima+quad magic+mimic :)

1995umk3

I ment to say once everybody uses mime twice (12 K.O.T.R summons total) emerald is defeated. Yeah it does get a little boring seeing K.O.T.R 12 times.. maybe anoying i dont know.

This one is fast... I havn't tried yours (but I did on final sephiroth for fun) but I seen another one on youtube where some guy has barret use Ungarmax over and over nonstop I don't know how he did it though.

I think his hp was 7777 so it triggered the nonstop attacking lucky 7s forever thing so he would attack all the time with his limit since he started with it, I forgot but that was the fastest i seen I think.

I like the Ultima materia in FF7... I mean the sound is nice. The one in FF8 is really bad..

Top Bottom