• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No new survivor or mastermind with resistance, Anyone disappointed?

Nightshade2000

UmbrellaClassified
I'm extremely disappointed the fact that the only survivor and mastermind to be added was actually just Jill and Wesker, Like uhm where the hell is Carlos.

I saw a leak (possibly likely fake) That said Carlos was meant for this month and that Leon, Ada, Wesker, Excella, Claire and an outbreak survivor, But the roadmap didn't state more survivors and masterminds it just said "More updates" is anyone disappointed

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Honestly no, I'm not disappointed and I'm not surprised either.

If I'm not mistaken, the most recent update (DLC) for R3make was the ability to buy all of the unlockables. That's it. Resistance is getting a LOT of love from Capcom right now, especially considering they are working on Resident Evil 8 and Resident Evil 4 remake, so everyone's hands are very full.

Not to mention all the anger they are getting from the general fanbase for pouring so much effort into Resistance and hardly even acknowledging that R3make is a thing.

TLDR : not disappointed.

Nightshade2000

UmbrellaClassified
Honestly no, I'm not disappointed and I'm not surprised either.

If I'm not mistaken, the most recent update (DLC) for R3make was the ability to buy all of the unlockables. That's it. Resistance is getting a LOT of love from Capcom right now, especially considering they are working on Resident Evil 8 and Resident Evil 4 remake, so everyone's hands are very full.

Not to mention all the anger they are getting from the general fanbase for pouring so much effort into Resistance and hardly even acknowledging that R3make is a thing.

TLDR : not disappointed.

No it needs more survivors and masterminds added, If it was free to play and it had dedicated servers it would be way better than it is now, It would also do well if it had the likes of Carlos as a playable survivor, Wesker as a mastermind, Claire, Leon and Ada as playable survivors added in

Rain611

You can't kill me.
No it needs more survivors and masterminds added, If it was free to play and it had dedicated servers it would be way better than it is now, It would also do well if it had the likes of Carlos as a playable survivor, Wesker as a mastermind, Claire, Leon and Ada as playable survivors added in

There are all kinds of things that you could do to any game to make it better with infinite labor and funding, but the thing is with 2 games in production (RE4 remake and RE8) for next gen systems as well as upkeep on Resistance, it would honestly shock me if they went so far as to invest in all those things for Resistance. Not to mention you don't need a game subscription to play Resistance so it's not like they have a free flow of money to push into it. Same goes for manpower, I would REALLY hope that the A team (so to speak) is working on RE8 and, as much as I disliked RE4, I hope they have a decent team also because I feel like this is a good opportunity for them to improve on things I didn't like in the original.

It just doesn't make sense for them to go full steam ahead into Resistance when it's a divisive game in the series that a lot of fans are angry about, along with 2 other huge main line games being in production. Dedicated servers? That would take a dedicated tech team, storage costs, maintenance costs, basically a lot of money and commitment into a game that is really hit it miss, with PC player counts down. Granted PS was ok last time I checked but given the uncertain support from fans for the game, I wouldn't invest in dedicated servers. I think regular monthly updates of any kind for a free to play game are more than enough to ask for.

Also, I don't really see the point in bringing every main character into the game. They probably shouldn't have ever brought in Jill and Nicholai, because at some point it's just going to become RE Online. Which is cool I guess but I feel like that was never the point. If they were going to bring in all the main characters then why would they bother making random people to play?

Last edited:

Nightshade2000

UmbrellaClassified
There are all kinds of things that you could do to any game to make it better with infinite labor and funding, but the thing is with 2 games in production (RE4 remake and RE8) for next gen systems as well as upkeep on Resistance, it would honestly shock me if they went so far as to invest in all those things for Resistance. Not to mention you don't need a game subscription to play Resistance so it's not like they have a free flow of money to push into it. Same goes for manpower, I would REALLY hope that the A team (so to speak) is working on RE8 and, as much as I disliked RE4, I hope they have a decent team also because I feel like this is a good opportunity for them to improve on things I didn't like in the original.

It just doesn't make sense for them to go full steam ahead into Resistance when it's a divisive game in the series that a lot of fans are angry about, along with 2 other huge main line games being in production. Dedicated servers? That would take a dedicated tech team, storage costs, maintenance costs, basically a lot of money and commitment into a game that is really hit it miss, with PC player counts down. Granted PS was ok last time I checked but given the uncertain support from fans for the game, I wouldn't invest in dedicated servers. I think regular monthly updates of any kind for a free to play game are more than enough to ask for.

Also, I don't really see the point in bringing every main character into the game. They probably shouldn't have ever brought in Jill and Nicholai, because at some point it's just going to become RE Online. Which is cool I guess but I feel like that was never the point. If they were going to bring in all the main characters then why would they bother making random people to play?

Are you trolling me? There almost always needs to be a Valerie and January in matches, So regardless of them adding Carlos as a survivor or even Claire you'd still need a January and Valerie on the team and most the matches I've played i never not seen a Valerie or January your statement is kinda invalid, Survivors being needed like for example Becca, Martin or Samuel aren't necessary in a lot of matches

The reason fans are angry is because they're entitled the resident evil 3 remake didn't get DLC and that resistance isn't free to play because if it was free to play then nobody would be as angry or complaining like they are now, And I never said survivors need to happen now they could do it towards the end of the year when the roadmap is done

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Are you trolling me? There almost always needs to be a Valerie and January in matches, So regardless of them adding Carlos as a survivor or even Claire you'd still need a January and Valerie on the team and most the matches I've played i never not seen a Valerie or January your statement is kinda invalid, Survivors being needed like for example Becca, Martin or Samuel aren't necessary in a lot of matches

The reason fans are angry is because they're entitled the resident evil 3 remake didn't get DLC and that resistance isn't free to play because if it was free to play then nobody would be as angry or complaining like they are now, And I never said survivors need to happen now they could do it towards the end of the year when the roadmap is done

No, I'm not trolling you, I just don't agree with you. That's kinda what this forum is for. Sharing opinions, whether or not they match up. And in my opinion, having a tech background and taking into consideration the state of Capcom, it's fans, it's current in production projects, etc I don't agree with you. It's really that simple.

And yes, you have to buy Resistance, but last time I checked there is no subscription required to play it which technically makes it free to play after purchase. For example, ESO is a huge multiplayer game which is free to play once you buy the game. It also has a monthly subscription option which many people partake in which allows the devs to invest a lot of money into huge updates on a regular basis. Resistance doesn't have this and so they are at a disadvantage when it comes to resources.

The addition of main characters making no sense is just how I look at it. It makes no sense to me. They should've either made them all main game characters with these skills or made them all randoms in my opinion.

Nightshade2000

UmbrellaClassified
No, I'm not trolling you, I just don't agree with you. That's kinda what this forum is for. Sharing opinions, whether or not they match up. And in my opinion, having a tech background and taking into consideration the state of Capcom, it's fans, it's current in production projects, etc I don't agree with you. It's really that simple.

And yes, you have to buy Resistance, but last time I checked there is no subscription required to play it which technically makes it free to play after purchase. For example, ESO is a huge multiplayer game which is free to play once you buy the game. It also has a monthly subscription option which many people partake in which allows the devs to invest a lot of money into huge updates on a regular basis. Resistance doesn't have this and so they are at a disadvantage when it comes to resources.

The addition of main characters making no sense is just how I look at it. It makes no sense to me. They should've either made them all main game characters with these skills or made them all randoms in my opinion.

I don't agree with you at all, These players are actually ****ed because the resident evil 3 remake did not get DLC and resistance has no dedicated servers and it's not free to play, if they lowered the price of the game and did some quality of life improvements and added in Carlos, Claire, Leon, Ada, Wesker and even Barry it would do much better than now, The PC player base is basically non existant while resistance is still going incredibly strong on console and that's a great sign for now

What they should have done is worked more on resistance and delayed it so they could have made it free to play tbh, I wouldn't have cared if it had been delayed to September or winter 2020 as long as it was free to play and ngl I just bought it on console earlier and I'm mad I spent 60 mother ****ing dollars on it when it should have been free to play separately

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't agree with you at all, These players are actually ****ed because the resident evil 3 remake did not get DLC and resistance has no dedicated servers and it's not free to play, if they lowered the price of the game and did some quality of life improvements and added in Carlos, Claire, Leon, Ada, Wesker and even Barry it would do much better than now, The PC player base is basically non existant while resistance is still going incredibly strong on console and that's a great sign for now

What they should have done is worked more on resistance and delayed it so they could have made it free to play tbh, I wouldn't have cared if it had been delayed to September or winter 2020 as long as it was free to play and ngl I just bought it on console earlier and I'm mad I spent 60 mother ****ing dollars on it when it should have been free to play separately

That's fine that you don't agree with me and I'm sorry Resistance is disappointing you. I could push on with this but I'm leaving this discussion now because we are at an impasse and it seems to be upsetting you.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm extremely disappointed the fact that the only survivor and mastermind to be added was actually just Jill and Wesker, Like uhm where the hell is Carlos.

I saw a leak (possibly likely fake) That said Carlos was meant for this month and that Leon, Ada, Wesker, Excella, Claire and an outbreak survivor, But the roadmap didn't state more survivors and masterminds it just said "More updates" is anyone disappointed
I don't see why we should be disappointed, resistance received a lot of update, more than any other re game I can remember and many other online games after 3 month
Lot of skin, new ability, new card, 3 new maps, lot of other stuff and many many balances that completely changed the game

I don't know what you expected from a team (https://neobards.com/) that only had 19 people working on the game, they are really making a good job, also the game come out 3 Month ago lol what do you want after 3 month? Every character and mastermind from re 0 to re 8?

As for dedicated server, that's never gonna happen, because it cost to much, unless the game will get like 20 milion or 30 milion people per day playing the game
For example, call of duty one the most profitable multiplayer game ever made only got dedicated server whit the last entry call of duty modern warfare, before this it was just like resistance, most multiplayer game use the p2p instead of dedicated server and we are talking about a series that sold like 20 milion copies or more per game whit a lot of payed dlc for multiplayer, so they make milions out of it but never get dedicated server until today... even apex another profitable multiplayer game use titanfall 2 server instead of having new one and there are lik 50 milion people playing that game lol

As for surivor and mm, don't worry they will add them sooner or later, Carlos, leon and Claire will inevitably happen since they must only take they're model from re 2 and 3 remake and put them into resistance, reused asset, Capcom speciality in later years lol
But like @Rain611 says they should add completely new characters, alongside that old character if you want, unless the original survivor will became useless, everyone will inevitably peek the re characters over them, belive it or not evey time i play a match both whit master mind and surivor, there is always someone picking jill

The only things we all should be disappointed is how capcom did forget about re 3 remake, and never mentioned the game after release, not even releasing some alternate costume or some new weapon, something even a kid could do in a day whith his pc
They didn't even release some behind the scene or some interview whit the developer of re 3 like they did whit re 2 remake, meaning that they didn't put any love in this game at all they just hyped it to sell it before release, just like re 6, after it was released capcom became silent lol

Don't worry resistance will be updated probably until re 8 will came out since neobards is only working on that right now, you should be worry about re 3 since, at least according to rumor, the team went to work on re 4 remake some day after re 3 released, so update for this game are never gonna happen

Nightshade2000

UmbrellaClassified
I don't see why we should be disappointed, resistance received a lot of update, more than any other re game I can remember and many other online games after 3 month
Lot of skin, new ability, new card, 3 new maps, lot of other stuff and many many balances that completely changed the game

I don't know what you expected from a team (https://neobards.com/) that only had 19 people working on the game, they are really making a good job, also the game come out 3 Month ago lol what do you want after 3 month? Every character and mastermind from re 0 to re 8?

As for dedicated server, that's never gonna happen, because it cost to much, unless the game will get like 20 milion or 30 milion people per day playing the game
For example, call of duty one the most profitable multiplayer game ever made only got dedicated server whit the last entry call of duty modern warfare, before this it was just like resistance, most multiplayer game use the p2p instead of dedicated server and we are talking about a series that sold like 20 milion copies or more per game whit a lot of payed dlc for multiplayer, so they make milions out of it but never get dedicated server until today... even apex another profitable multiplayer game use titanfall 2 server instead of having new one and there are lik 50 milion people playing that game lol

As for surivor and mm, don't worry they will add them sooner or later, Carlos, leon and Claire will inevitably happen since they must only take they're model from re 2 and 3 remake and put them into resistance, reused asset, Capcom speciality in later years lol
But like @Rain611 says they should add completely new characters, alongside that old character if you want, unless the original survivor will became useless, everyone will inevitably peek the re characters over them, belive it or not evey time i play a match both whit master mind and surivor, there is always someone picking jill

The only things we all should be disappointed is how capcom did forget about re 3 remake, and never mentioned the game after release, not even releasing some alternate costume or some new weapon, something even a kid could do in a day whith his pc
They didn't even release some behind the scene or some interview whit the developer of re 3 like they did whit re 2 remake, meaning that they didn't put any love in this game at all they just hyped it to sell it before release, just like re 6, after it was released capcom became silent lol

Don't worry resistance will be updated probably until re 8 will came out since neobards is only working on that right now, you should be worry about re 3 since, at least according to rumor, the team went to work on re 4 remake some day after re 3 released, so update for this game are never gonna happen

No they never said that at all about new survivors and masterminds, it just says updates and thats all we're getting and all we've gotten dude like for real, If the roadmap had mentioned new survivors it would say like it did when Jill first released in April and Nikolai released in May of this year.

All these damn updates seem to be just maps, outfits and gun camos nothing more NOT SURVIVORS OR MASTERMINDS

Top Bottom