• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Next RE Remaster...?

RedPanda

4x the awesome
So, some rumors have been flying around about Zero being next in line for an HD Remaster, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Capcom is always talking about appealing to as many people as possible, and honestly, it seems that the fan base of REmake and Zero would be really similar considering they were released around the same time exclusively for the same platform. I guess what I'm saying is that it seems that the people they would be satisfying with a Zero remake are the same people who were just satisfied by the HD Remaster. Basically this is just a sales pitch for why RE 2 should be next in line for a remake, but despite my obvious bias, I don't think Zero should be their next goal for a remake, because (for the most part) those fans are the ones who just got what they wanted, and there are many more, different fans of the series.

P.S. This argument sounded way more convincing in my head.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
RE2 and RE3 are equally deserving, however, they should be done together on one disc, and they need to be done in the same way REmake was done.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I think ZERØ is only next because it uses the same engine as REmake, not to mention, a hell of a lot more work would have to be done for a RE2/RE3 REmaster.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Zero is fairly similar to revelations 2 also (the character switching thing)
So maybe it that's a reason for it?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Outbreak isn't NEAR popular enough to deserve a REmaster. After all, this has to make Capcom a fair amount of money. On top of that, it's not part of the main story, which also decreases the likelihood.

I have a horrible feeling that Operation: Raccoon City was a secret experiment for Capcom to see if an Outbreak File #3 would be profitable.

Top Bottom