• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New RE Director-Your Opinion

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Here is a thought, which director do you think would make a better RE movie, or potentially an entire franchise?

I personally have no idea, but what are your thoughts?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Romero was the original choice for the first movie but they wanted something a bit more... marketable?

As for a personal choice I would've gone with Snyder since Dawn of the Dead was a pretty good remake but I doubt he'd have the time, what with the DC films being so high profile it might send the wrong idea as to the content of the film. I guess if I had to I'd go with a horror director, someone like James Wan or John Carpenter.

Last edited:
Honestly I think Resident Evil 7 would fit better as a movie and Vendetta more as a game. I know the survival horror fans cringe when I say this but for me Resident Evil never had to be scary to be great. I liked to kill epic monsters with crazy weapons while struggling to stay alive (RE3 anyone?)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Honestly I think Resident Evil 7 would fit better as a movie and Vendetta more as a game. I know the survival horror fans cringe when I say this but for me Resident Evil never had to be scary to be great. I liked to kill epic monsters with crazy weapons while struggling to stay alive (RE3 anyone?)
Well, the fun thing about RE is it's variety. I haven't beaten RE2 or 3 but they can get pretty frightening, I know some people say they've never found them scary, good for them, but I still get a bit shaken. You're right that they don't have to be scary to be good but they haven't been so in a long while and we miss it. Neither the live action movies nor the CG ones are scary, though, and Vendetta looks to be a bit more... John Wick than horror, so I don't think it's going to be very scary. A horror heavy RE movie is long overdue.

Top Bottom