• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New member here

Dr. Cheesesteak

Hello all!

I have been an on-again/off-again fan of the RE series since the PS1 RE1. RE1 and RE2 were 2 of my favorite games as a kid/young teen. And I also loved CV. However, I fell off the series a bit after that. About a decade ago I went back and played RE4 and some RE5, but did not finish either for various reasons. Over the years since, I felt maybe I had evolved in my tastes and no longer cared for RE, mechanically. Then RE7 came out and it reinvigorated my interest in the series. However, for a variety of reasons again, I also did not finish RE7 lol. But not because of any sense of "giving up" (though I wasn't a fan of the gunplay, but I only got the pistol and numerous ppl said it gets better as you get more guns). I always promised myself to return to it, especially after RE8 was announced.

So, I made it my goal to hopefully finish both RE7 and RE8 by the end of the year. I'm playing few other SP FPS games before I go back to RE7. But I'm looking forward to it! I also want to try RE0.

I have considered playing the REmakes, but I'm not a fan of remakes. But I may still get RE2make simply b/c of the reviews and to compare to what I remember of OG RE2. I think I'll avoid RE3 given the reviews (even tho I never really played OG RE3, so I have nothing to compare it to), and RE1make is pretty loyal to OG RE1 right? So not sure if it's worth experiencing.

Anyway, that's all re: my RE history. I also like cooking, basketball, comics, anime, tabletop gaming, and tons of other video games. Hopefully I'll be coming here frequently to hang and post!

Top Bottom