• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 New camera settings announced

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...94596359.41257.185275861493309&type=1&theater

''Great news, Resident Evil 6 has a new update coming mid-December. Changes include an adjustable camera system, an insanely hard 'No Hope Left' difficulty setting and Ada Wong's campaign will be available without having to unlock it''

Should hopefully stop people complaining about the camera being too close. I'll be keeping it on the default myself.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...94596359.41257.185275861493309&type=1&theater

''Great news, Resident Evil 6 has a new update coming mid-December. Changes include an adjustable camera system, an insanely hard 'No Hope Left' difficulty setting and Ada Wong's campaign will be available without having to unlock it''

Should hopefully stop people complaining about the camera being too close. I'll be keeping it on the default myself.

ah finally, word on this has been said; so mid-December is when the title update will be :)

*posted via xbox 360 live gold's internet explorer app :cool:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
would love for a RE4 camera option that keeps it behind your back the entire time.

The camera was more focused that way and made attack easier to pull off.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I hope the camera will stay behind you during the running sequences. It gets super annoying when you come to a sliding part and die because you didn't see it in time.

Sorry Capcom, but I'd rather see where I'm going than what is chasing me.

Supra

As long as it's adjustable and I can keep the original camera setting, I really don't care since the stock setting is fine for me. It's nice to see that Capcom is listening to criticism and is trying to fix it, though (even though I disagree with 99% of the hate this game gets in the first place :p).

Hopefully this means we'll see characters in mercenaries that so many people are begging for - Claire, even if it's just in mercenaries, would complete Resident Evil 6 for me.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
If only this was a day one patch, then I could have just played the Ada Campaign straight away since Ada's was the only one I wanted to play, it would have been much better rather than having to tolerate 3 awful 5 hour campaigns just to be able to play another 3 hour disappointment, I would have forgiven the game more.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
This is great news but its too late! They should have had the camera options on day one, after all the complaints they got and its such a simple update to implement as in certain sections of the game the camera pulled back anyway, my issue that i stated before was the camera is simply too low with certain weapons, eg. Leons handgun...
Chris' machine gun is perfect and has a better laser tracking in perspective. Anyway i hope these camera changes work nicely

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent

first off, regarding the camera issue.....to be quite honest, i didn't have any problem with the default camera that the game has; the camera changes look like the one in Resident Evil 4 (based off the screen-shots) and second off all, regarding Ada's partner.....based off the screen shot, it looks like that the partner looks like that "BSAA" Agent (aka whom people regard in this forum site as "Hunk"), i guess.....my hopes of Ada's partner being of a female is forever gone, i guess i won't be missing much or will be anticipating this "title update". Capcom please, to be releasing DLC game-add ons. i have a feeling that if there is no DLC game add-ons (specifically new Mercenaries maps) on November and December, it could be January they will have new DLC game add-ons; new Mercenaries map :confused:

side-note:also, last night i started to play my second play through on Veteran difficulty, Leon's campain being Helena. and it seems that the feeling i got (which was a Survival-Horror, suspense experience ) when i first did my play though (Leon's campain, being Helena; normal difficulty) isn't there any more, i am now at the save point on the Underground (Sewers). and my interest in continue is not me likely to continue. Please Capcom to be satisfiying your RE crowd with new Mercenaries map soon, i've quite worn down all three (standard edition) Mercenaries maps :rolleyes:

Top Bottom