• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) New ability: Dodging

BillyCoenJCR1418

What did you guys think of this new tactic? Dodging to me was a pretty good idea but once you get use to it, you start trying it out for the other RE games lol. It added more depth when you were low on ammo and couldn't run past enemies. Too bad they didn't add this on the later RE games.
So what did you guys think about this new ability?

bruno

Chief Researcher
I played RECVX after RE3. I was always trying to do dodge, because I was used to it, especially when facing dogs and bandersnatches (or whatever their name is).

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i dunno, it looked really chunky..when she suddely darted around a zombie. it was okayy i suppose as an idea..but i think it could do with some improvements...

Fayrra

Schrodinger's Cat
It was pretty much the only thing that kept me alive when facing Nemesis, so I liked it.

Aus.Zombie

yea i seemed to always do it by accident when facing the dogs >.< But yes was awesome against the Nemesis.

L

Lurker
bruno;23217 said:
I played RECVX after RE3. I was always trying to do dodge, because I was used to it, especially when facing dogs and bandersnatches (or whatever their name is).
Bandersnatchers ;)

There are also: Hunters,Sweepers,Big plant that kills you, alexia, Nosferatu, Big spider, Zombies, big dragonfly that kills you,Steve, AND THE HARDEST ENEMY Fire

Raider Man

I mistakenly keep dodging when facing the dogs and Nemisis (not all the time) but to have a new ability would be better than this...

Davinfected

I love the dodging ability in this game. It also made for some sexy looking animation. I like it when Jill rolls over and carries on shooting in a kneeling stance! It looks awesome.

I think they should have used this dodging ability for the outbreak characters - instead of giving them either a dodge move or an attack move on the cancel button, they should have made it so that all characters can duck or jump back when an enemy rushes at them, and use the cancel button for a kick or tackle type move.

Mr Sunshine

I have never managed to master this ability! I mean some guys in youtube use it to every single enemy! Whenever i was trying it on purpose I would either shoot or get attacked.. Really really bad timing...

O(+>

I never mastered it and i'm usually pretty good with timing. It happened very randomly for me.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Like most, I typically do it by accident...it comes it handy, I guess, but most of the time it happens, and I just move on, it even causes some odd situations, like trying to exit through a door in the Hospital as Carlos, and going in a back-and-forth with a Hunter that keeps on lunging at me before I can exit...damn Betas.:(

tequila

Bottle Lover
Rathit;34186 said:
Bandersnatchers ;)

There are also: Hunters,Sweepers,Big plant that kills you, alexia, Nosferatu, Big spider, Zombies, big dragonfly that kills you,Steve, AND THE HARDEST ENEMY Fire

I had thought you ment our Steve, the Administrator :lol:

Nevermind :dry:

D

Deleted member 1428

Heh I bought RE3 just yesterday from PSN. Dodging is pretty easy and fun. All you do is hold down auto aim and shoot right?

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I loved it when I discovered that you could dodge in RE3. I would deliberately toy with zombies just so I could dodge their attacks. Call me evil, but that's just the way I am. :lol:

Top Bottom